FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Orange County Crawl Atfermath
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Orange County Crawl Atfermath
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-31 9:44 pm   Permalink

MAHALO to the Ben and Vicky , my boys Pop, Bong,Puppy, and everybody else. Laney, that was me grabbing your friends booty. Oh wait,...that was Holden's bootay. I couldn't help myself. Alright, anyways I snuck on in at the last second and was glad I made it. So then me an Big Al went cruizing in my hooptie and found a dead-end street. The bus even beat us back to Ben's. Thanks for the T, Ben.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-31 10:00 pm   Permalink

ok laney, as the official "uber frau"of tiki central, i hope i can count on you to get this sams gig into gear.i know your hands are full, but you have clout and intestinal fortitude.any help, just email me.peace to all my tiki brethren. TWT

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-01 12:24 am   Permalink

Sabu, that was a VERY funny and well-told story--you're a terrific writer.

I play it safe by always assuming I'm NOT being picked up on. Bravo for you. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I LOVE this rhyming trend amongst you Hoiti-Toitis, too. What's next? The Hoiti-Toiti Songbook, perhaps?

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-01 10:55 am   Permalink

Thanks for the compliments, Tikivixen

Quote:
I play it safe by always assuming I'm NOT being picked up on. Bravo for you. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

It's only because I'm now engaged to be married. The pressure's off because I know the flirtation isn't going to go anywhere or lead to anything but some good-natured banter. If I was still single, I'm sure I would have frozen up and not said anything at all.

Tikibelle is getting flirted with a lot more in Flagstaff too since we've been engaged. Unfortunately, with her it's all intended flirtation. I just seem to get the women mistaking me for waiters.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-01 1:43 pm   Permalink

sabu, congrats!. may you find the joy that i have.

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-01 2:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-04-01 10:55, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:

It's only because I'm now engaged to be married.

When it rains, it pours! Did I mention, you're Hot!

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-01 2:52 pm   Permalink

Ha ha, Laney

Where were you when I needed you two years ago?

A feisty fox AND a tiki tease!

Let's go share an appetizer at Billy's and roll some bartenders.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-01 4:52 pm   Permalink

Aloha, gang!

I'm finally back from the dead and just wanted to say that we had a wild and wacky time with all the usual suspects and new TC folks we met along the way!

Thanks again to the Bongs for 'financing' the whole gig, Bamboo Ben & Mrs. Boo, for hosting and Poly Pop for keeping us in line (great idea bring the conch shell!). Also, special thanks to Trader Pup for those ever cool name tags and CD.

Lucky, despite all "hoity toitiness" at Billy's, I still think it was a great suggestion to go "behind enemy lines" and shake up the "old boy" and "hot babe" network! We could not possibly had any better entertainment and I think this kinda clash with the establishment is a healthy thing!

By the time we got to Sam's, all was a blur to me so forgive me if I didn't get to talk to some of you. I definitely felt the presence of the Chiki Tiki and I hope one day to finally meet the ellusive Two Wheelin' Tiki (this is the second time I missed you at Sam's.

Finally, let me say that the Menehunes were Smokin' -- I dig your sound! Hope to catch you playin' the patio at Billy's sometime!

See you at Tiki Oasis!

Arty

Peace, Love & Tiki!

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2003-04-04 10:38 ]

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-01 7:35 pm   Permalink

I've finially got outta bed and to my camera. Here are some pics from the crawl.

The limited edition Orange County Tiki Crawl Bus Pass

Bax and Kukui Nut

Crazy Al and Lizzy

Bong and Madam Bong

Mrs. Bamboo

Bamboo Ben

Johnny Velour and Miss Velour

The Royal Hawiian sign; Est. 1947

Monkey lamp at the Royal H. Bet you don't have one of those Laney.

Unidentified patrons by the diarhama

That's a different way to set up a pufferfish lamp

Menuhenes uke player Shirley

Kukui Nut and Shelly

Carved door mask

One of the new outside tikis

Sabu and Dr. Z with another of the new tikis

The outside of Billy's

Sven and his beautiful lady at Billy's. Look how stoked the couple behind them are that we're there.

Outside of Billy's with an OA carved tiki. Bax, Al, Poly Pop, and Dr. Z

Bax right before he slapped me in the face.

The hi-jinks of Lapu and Al

The majestic entrace of Sam's Seafood

Lapu, Al, and a breadbasket in front of the diningroom waterfall.

The bar at Sam's

Tapa lamp at Sam's

Birdhouse lamp

The huge diningroom at Sam's

Jeff the bartender next to Holden

Me across the street from Sam's

Hope you enjoyed the pictures.

[ This Message was edited by: Luckydesigns on 2003-04-01 19:54 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Luckydesigns on 2003-04-01 19:58 ]

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-01 11:15 pm   Permalink

Lucky-
Cool pics! I remember nothing!(well, bits and pieces) Thank god you didn't get us on the floor in the dining room at Sams! Our legs gave out at the same time and what a better palce to lay down for a while! (I swear it wasn't the booze!)
Mr. & Mrs. Boo

p.s. why is it taking Big Al so long to post his set? (like Holden said, maybe he's raking in the bribes!)(need a bar Al?)

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-02 07:22 am   Permalink

Spiko AWESOME pics.
OK I am sorry about that slap
You get one free shot next time
I think I owe Lapu also, at least a smoke?
Ben, thank you for the gift for being your wife's kick stand and I think punch stand too.
Arty, my eyes are still burning after turning around to get on the bus after Butthole Billy's and seeing two more buttholes staring at me.
Laney, I don't know why you think your the "bitch" from the board? It was so nice to meet you finally and hear "I don't get what you write, but whatever" that was it, that is all I have to judge you by.
Sam's had the best tasting water of all the places we went that night, friendly too!
Did you guys see the faces of the people at the RH when we just kept filing in and filing in.
It was very cool meeting carver Zach also.
Hey, BIG Al where are you brutha, we need pics and words of wisdom
PP I still want that BLUE pen back, have you started to smile again? You did a great job, Bong chose the best man for the job. True dedication.
I want more Smokin Menuhunes, they are S M O K I N!
The only bummer about the bus was not being able to get the front half singing with the back half, we needed Mr. Microphone.
Holden, we need to start that special movie post in beyond, it should be funny as hell, we just need to limit two names per post.
Anyway I am sure I am not making sense so
SEE YA
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-04-02 09:36 am   Permalink

The local bruddah bouncers at the Royal Hawaiian were way cool. They let all the TC'ers in ahead of a long line waiting outside. Man, Tiki does have its perks!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-02 12:58 pm   Permalink

Mahalos to everyone involved in the making of O.C. Tiki Crawl III. Sally and I had the best time. Good grinds, good tunes & good ohana! Don't remember all the details, but after checking out the great pics posted here, some lost moments are returning. Loved meeting everyone. Hope to get together again soon.

The aloha is alive & well in O.C.

SWJ & Mustang Sal

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-02 1:33 pm   Permalink

Aloha, Gang!
Here are some photos of that fab foray! What a gang we have! And, by the way, for those of you who made me question my English skills: "weird" is indeed spelled as I write it. I before E except after C and in the cases of Anaheim and Weird. Check it out! Thanks to all for a memorable Crawl!

-WEIrd Uncle Tiki who has his recEIpt from AnahEIm

The Pre-Party at the store of Bamboo Ben

The Smokin' Menehunes

The Bus!

Bamboo Ben Blows.....The Conch

The Uke Crew at The Royal Hawaiian

The Ladies admiring the length of PiPhiRho's...

Two Wheelin', Bong, Pop Hangin' Loose at Sam's

Doctor Z shows off a fine souvenir

[ This Message was edited by: weirduncletiki on 2003-04-02 14:08 ]

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-02 1:45 pm   Permalink

Folks, these pics are GREAT! Keep 'em coming!

I especially like the picture with Tiki T's look of astonishment at PiPhiRo's extra long...straw!!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation