FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Party at Palm Desert and you're invited!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Party at Palm Desert and you're invited!
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-05-04 10:17 pm   Permalink

It was terrific to finally meet you at the "Nooner" Amy! See you all at the party!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-05 6:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-30 22:42, martini kings wrote:
the martini kings will be soaking up the sun (and rum)at your pad! looking forward to a great "weekend in the palm springs area"
mahalo for the invite!
tony and frank marsico

Me three! It's gonna be fun swingin' your nest with the Marsico boys. Thanks Amy. You're the best.

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-06 08:39 am   Permalink

Remember Tiki Freaks,

The desert is 100 times stonger than the beach!

BRING SUNSCREEN!!! and a hat... and long light cotton sleeved shirts..

...white cloths... lot's of water... powerade.. etc... fill up body 3 days prior!

And, if you don't rsvp, asap, you don't get in!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-06 10:16 pm   Permalink

Wow, that is a scary picture (I mean of that sunburn!). Thanks for the warning/reminder. I have suffered quite a few of those in my younger years. In fact, just had a very small actinic keratosis (first one in my life, and it may not be the last) removed from my lower back. A warning to the fair-skinned: Don't tan; pre-mature aging and skin cancer are not glamorous.

So I'm trying to think - is it really going to be in the 100s in May? And its going to be in the early evening.... (I guess I can check Acu-Weather!) Then I remember that Oasis used to be in May on Mother's day, and how hot it got.

Ben, that is a tremendous job you've done on her backyard - it is really something. And what a feat moving that entire bar!!! (I know in the thread you mentioned this was the handywork of others - the Mexicaneers!. I've watched Haulin'House and always been amazed that stuff like that is even possible, altho I know it was done a lot in the olden days (in the olden days houses were routinely moved rather than people moving to new houses).

Also really appreciated your ongoing work at Don the Beachcomer's - really quite beautiful!

I sent a PM to Amy, since that is what she preferred for an RSVP, and thought I would post here to give this thread a bump/reminder to folks. Well, I hope to be there and take lots of pictures.

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jab tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-12 01:52 am   Permalink

I'm in, I'm In!! Got my shift covered at work. Amy, I sent you a PM. Can't Wait!!!
-Johnny B.

View Profile of jab tiki Send a personal message to jab tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-14 11:31 am   Permalink

Hi all, I will be remailing the address and some extra info to everyone who RSVP'd, so if you didn't, please do One more week!

amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-15 6:07 pm   Permalink

Amy, hopefully I will make it to this one.

[ This Message was edited by: hiltiki 2009-05-15 18:08 ]

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-15 7:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-15 18:07, hiltiki wrote:
Amy, hopefully I will make it to this one.

[ This Message was edited by: hiltiki 2009-05-15 18:0

do try!

The weather looks to cooperate, it will only be 99! bring a sweater...lol
The mists are in and working, that will keep us cool!, besides the bar
Amy

[ This Message was edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2009-05-15 19:02 ]

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2009-05-15 8:23 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to camping out in a shady spot (pale face here) with a cool one in hand and gloating over your fabulous yard.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs Bamboo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-15 9:03 pm   Permalink

Sweater...check
Mittens...check

Excited about the party! Amy's yard is a party palace...not only what Ben created, but every aspect. It's so cool! Can't wait! Looking forward to meeting peeps I haven't met.

Aloha !

View Profile of Mrs Bamboo Send a personal message to Mrs Bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-16 11:20 pm   Permalink

A year from now...We'll all be swimming in a big lake!!

Pray to your tiki gods people....

Amy Rocks!! ( and carves rocks too

Trust me.

See Y'all next Sat. !!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tuna Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-05-18 7:50 pm   Permalink

Thank you so much Amy for putting us on the list. This one looks like it will be the social event of the season. We are so looking forward to seeing you Amy and the others TCers. After seeing some of Ben's other work, I can't wait to see this masterpiece.

View Profile of Tuna Tiki Send a personal message to Tuna Tiki  Email Tuna Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-18 7:52 pm   Permalink

The wife and I are in for sure. Got a babysitter for the weekend, but no dog sitter. Would anyone mind if I brought two pretty well behaved Dachshunds?

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2009-05-18 8:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-18 19:52, Billy the Crud wrote:
The wife and I are in for sure. Got a babysitter for the weekend, but no dog sitter. Would anyone mind if I brought two pretty well behaved Dachshunds?

It's not any of us you need to ask...A PM might be a better approach...Do you need the number for a couple kennels? Google "dog daycare san diego"

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-18 8:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-18 20:21, SoccerTiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-05-18 19:52, Billy the Crud wrote:

It's not any of us you need to ask...A PM might be a better approach...Do you need the number for a couple kennels? Google "dog daycare san diego"

All taken care of, man. Thanks for making me feel like a jackass.

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation