FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Kiki von Tiki
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Kiki von Tiki
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-04 12:39 pm   Permalink

So what happened? Something happened or someone made you really mad to edit and delete every one of your posts.......? I know I was really enjoying your posts and am going to miss seeing your work. Good luck.

Facebook

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-05 01:36 am   Permalink

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-11 3:51 pm   Permalink

Kiki Von Tiki was one of the coolest people on this forums. I can't speak for her, but I have also considered not posting any more, many times! Usually people like me start to realize that not all artists are treated with respect on this forum by other artists. That there can be very clique-Y behavior, and if you are not one of the Kool Kids, you won't get any respect even if you are also a good artist.

I don't want to make this about me, per se, but there are a lot of great artists and musicians who have left and never came back. Perhaps the people that drive them out might think about that once and a while!

I stay because I have learned to ignore and never reply to any of the kool Kids. For example, they refuse to support my band (which has been on the Tiki scene since 2003) by even once saying something nice like, "Have a good show guys, but sorry I can't make it this friday"...nope! It's a total boycott because they "don't like Hawaiian music"...

Whatever. I am not a huge fan of some of the genre's they are involved in either (like low brow, hot rod art or cartoons), but that does not mean I don't respect their talent and SAY SO PUBLICALLY.

Regardless, I just ignore them and do my own thing. I know I have talent, and I know I am a good musician. I just have needed to learn that the Kool Kids opinions don't matter to me. Yes, they used to. One time, I went hat in hand asking them in PMs for some support on this forum, only to be snubbed and ignored by them and their groupies, and later to see them enthusiastically throw thier support to other musicians who are their personal friends. It sucks, because I always believed in the concept of an artist's community, where unless a person is a talentless hack, the other artists support each other!

I hope that's not the situation for Kiki. I like her, miss her and think she is good people!

Come back, Kiki!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-11 4:06 pm   Permalink

didn't all the "Kool kids" leave and make their own private forum? so are we not now getting picked on by the "kool kid" wanna be's

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-11 4:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-11 16:06, Sophista-tiki wrote:
didn't all the "Kool kids" leave and make their own private forum? so are we not now getting picked on by the "kool kid" wanna be's

No, the Kool Kids are still here. They are probably some of the most famous artists on this forum. I am not one of them, nor do I ever want to be.

As I say, I used to care about their opinions and their support...not anymore. Could not give two craps, actually. I am just wondering what would it take for a nice person like Kiki Von Tiki to leave this forum, and publically say so. And as I said before, she is not the only person to leave in the past who was a valuable contributor. For example, whatever happened to Cherry Capri, Vintage Girl and King Kukulele? Huh?

"artists community". That means the artists need to support each other. My band (for example) could have used their support, from time to time. Kiki was an artist, too. I just speculating why she left, and comparing it to my own experience. You know, the whole "because I make humorous anti-hippy posts no artist will say something nice about my band" kind of a thing.

One example of how I feel: I was not too happy at some of the comments Elvis Costello has made in the past, especially regarding Ray Charles....but Elvis Costello IS a very talented man...let's try and separate the art from the personality and maybe we can get along better!

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2010-01-11 16:28 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-11 4:33 pm   Permalink

I agree with Dawny on this.

The "Kool Kids" is just all in your heard there Lucas.

And way to go in not making this about you.

Oh and showing that you don't care what others think......even tho you took the time to use Kiki's thread as a basis of some bone you wanna pick with the world.

Now stop hijacking Kiki's thread, leave her alone, she said why she left, no use beating a dead horse.

The End.

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-11 5:26 pm   Permalink

Whatever.

Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-12 09:04 am   Permalink

A few thoughts...
First of all, I'm still reading here and checking in on some of the artists that I really like. I'll post when and if I have something to say, but I'm trying to work more and chat less. But I found this board was not a revenue generator for me, so I decided not to post my work here. I put my stuff on my etsy store - I'm easy to find if anyone is looking for it, just click the link in my signature. I wan't upset or mad, I just decided to focus elsewhere.

Also, thanks, Lucas for saying I'm one of the coolest people here - that's a sweet thought. I like you, too! But I really was hoping that once I dodged out of this thread, it would just die down and fall to the bottom. So it would be best for me if all you guys would stop posting on it, whatever your intent or content. Send me a pm or email, or find me on Facebook if you want to check on me or chat. Everyone sometimes feels a need to rant. I try not to judge. But maybe those would be best posted in Bilge.

Next, there are no cool kids, in my opinion. You make your own place in the world as well as on this board. I've met some wonderful people through TC and some a-holes. It's just like the real world, only smaller, fits on your computer, and it's green with tapa patterns . I have no animosity for any other artist here, nor any of the posters.

That's it! I appreciate the concern of everyone. I'm fine. Like I said, just focusing elsewhere and trying to work. Hope to see you all out there in the real world, soonest possible.
XO,
Kiki v.

Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-12 11:30 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: 4WDtiki 2010-01-12 11:31 ]

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-12 12:21 pm   Permalink

I have been getting some emails and PMs wondering exactly who and which famous tiki artists I was referring to. I really don't think it would be right for me to say, but let me be clear: They know who they are. They are the ones that I handed CDs to, only asking for some feedback and positive comments, and had them either not respond to my request or not respond to my PMs, thus making me feel like my music was insignificant, that my art just did not count. Check out the smokin' menehunes myspace or listen to my solo songs on any of koopkooper's posts and decide for yourself if when it comes to music i am someone who deserved to be ignored. I may be a complete tard when it comes to a lot of things, but not music.

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-12 12:39 pm   Permalink

i got a lucas CD full of Bossa Nova,Torch Songey,old timey Country and some killer jazz and stuff from him a while back...
I think it took me 2-3 months,but when i saw him next,i said a few words about how enjoyable it was....

but WOE to those that didn't comment
or praise this wonderful collection....

You need to grow some thicker skin,lucas!
Being an artist,you should realize that
the only dependable cheerleader you can have
is yourself...
every other word of praise/compliment/support of your work
is GRAVY....

Don't give gifts
with an expectation of praise...
give people CD's because
you want to share your talent with us all...

because,if you're expecting things
they sometimes don't happen as planned...

And that sometimes makes a person
rant about unrelated stuff
on someone else's thread
just to voice personal feelings on a public forum....
and we all know what happens next...

Phew!
lucas-why don't you start a thread about
"unappreciated genius" in Bilge
instead of filling up poor kiki's thread with this nonsense
that doesn't even relate to the thread?
I'm sure there's plenty of talented folks out there
who feel underappreciated!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-12 7:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-12 12:21, lucas vigor wrote:
I have been getting some emails and PMs wondering exactly who and which famous tiki artists I was referring to. I really don't think it would be right for me to say, but let me be clear: They know who they are. They are the ones that I handed CDs to, only asking for some feedback and positive comments, and had them either not respond to my request or not respond to my PMs, thus making me feel like my music was insignificant, that my art just did not count. Check out the smokin' menehunes myspace or listen to my solo songs on any of koopkooper's posts and decide for yourself if when it comes to music i am someone who deserved to be ignored. I may be a complete tard when it comes to a lot of things, but not music.

you talkin to me? lol!!!

everyone relax. god damn it!

TC was soooooooo calm just 2 days ago.

(p.s. may 2nd save the date)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-12 9:15 pm   Permalink

Let the hijacking continue! Whooooo! May 2 at the Boos!

I have to laugh that you guys keep posting on an "other crafts" thread that has no crafts posted on it. Silly rabbits.

Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-12 9:25 pm   Permalink

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-12 9:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-12 21:25, woofmutt wrote:

Pretty much the most inspirational piece of art anyone on TC has ever made.

Hooray for 10 years!!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation