FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Kiki von Tiki

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Kiki von Tiki
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-11 4:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-11 16:06, Sophista-tiki wrote:
didn't all the "Kool kids" leave and make their own private forum? so are we not now getting picked on by the "kool kid" wanna be's

No, the Kool Kids are still here. They are probably some of the most famous artists on this forum. I am not one of them, nor do I ever want to be.

As I say, I used to care about their opinions and their support...not anymore. Could not give two craps, actually. I am just wondering what would it take for a nice person like Kiki Von Tiki to leave this forum, and publically say so. And as I said before, she is not the only person to leave in the past who was a valuable contributor. For example, whatever happened to Cherry Capri, Vintage Girl and King Kukulele? Huh?

"artists community". That means the artists need to support each other. My band (for example) could have used their support, from time to time. Kiki was an artist, too. I just speculating why she left, and comparing it to my own experience. You know, the whole "because I make humorous anti-hippy posts no artist will say something nice about my band" kind of a thing.

One example of how I feel: I was not too happy at some of the comments Elvis Costello has made in the past, especially regarding Ray Charles....but Elvis Costello IS a very talented man...let's try and separate the art from the personality and maybe we can get along better!

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2010-01-11 16:28 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation