Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Vermont Tiki Train - April 25
Vermont Tiki Train - April 25
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-29 5:42 pm   Permalink

Unless I missed a thread this hasn't been mentioned here yet. Looks like the Vermont Tiki Train is back again this year, I have seen it mentioned on local web sites in the area.

http://www.uvpartylist.com/event.php?ID=979

http://www.rails-vt.com/gmf/gmf_tiki_09.html

-Rev

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kamaina Kraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-02 4:55 pm   Permalink

This looks very cool...wish it was a bit longer trip.

KK

View Profile of Kamaina Kraig Send a personal message to Kamaina Kraig  Email Kamaina Kraig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-10 07:13 am   Permalink

Aloha,
Once again the Tiki Train will be chugging thru the Green Mountains of Vermont Saturday April 25th! I'll get the poster(and links) up here later today. Last year's event was a fine experience with great live music by "Watiki" fine food by "Harvest Moon" and premium cocktails. You can also find reasonable rooms nearby and fun at local pubs after the trip. The train will be going further and faster this year so get on board!! Greg-Hula Cat

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-20 9:40 pm   Permalink

getting close!!!!...still lots of room for this fab trip...gourmet food, drinks made RIGHT!! a great band!! and a very cool train trip aboard classic deco train cars....it's spring!... get outta Dodge and join us for a memorable event....If you need more info on places to stay or directions PM me . Aloha, Greg

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-23 9:35 pm   Permalink

I can't wait for this and it looks like we'll have a beautiful day for it! See you Saturday!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-27 04:42 am   Permalink

Wow, what a great day for a train ride! The weather was gorgeous and Waitiki sounded amazing, as always!

Captain Quad and Velveteen Lounge

Bargoyle

Martiki-bird and Tabuzak

Waitiki!

Our fabulous host Hula Cat

Big thanks to The Mayor of Exotica for working with the bartender to procure for us off-the-menu Rum Barrels!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-08 10:11 am   Permalink

Nice video camera you have there!Captn'

injoy!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
captainquad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-14 2:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-08 10:11, sneakyjack wrote:
Nice video camera you have there!Captn'

injoy!

Innit? Got it on spec from a real pro. I was not intending to film the tikitrain, BUT, our computer crapped out on importing video and I had to bring the last Velveteen Lounge video to RevThumper in NH to import and transfer to our outboard hard drive. Since I was not about to leave the camera in the car I was in the interesting position of attending a great performance with a pro video camera in hand. Weeeeellll, I asked the organizer and the Mayor if it was oke with them and got a big HELL YEAH in response, so I let it rip. The results are pretty damn good--lighting was a bit gnarly on the train, being a combination of bright sun and fluorescent, but the video still came out looking good, and the audio is quite nice. Glad I had the inspiration.

Cap'n

View Profile of captainquad Send a personal message to captainquad  Email captainquad Goto the website of captainquad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-21 10:14 am   Permalink

gotta do it - use it...
!!!!
lights always tricky

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation