FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tiki Kon 2009 : Tiki Speakeasy : Aug 7 - 9 : Tickets now on sale!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Tiki Kon 2009 : Tiki Speakeasy : Aug 7 - 9 : Tickets now on sale!!
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-07-31 06:31 am   Permalink

One week away...woo hoo! Weather forecast looks a lot more moderate than this past week's heat wave.

Question on vendors: cash only, or do some take plastic?

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls

Posted: 2009-07-31 06:39 am   Permalink

Looks like I will be solo on Saturday night at Tony Starlight's. Any one have an extra seat at their table? I'll buy the first round!

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Demon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-31 08:22 am   Permalink

Thanks for the heads up, Rum Balls. Excellent point. NO, at least Katie and I aren't set up to accept plastic. Cash or check only. There's a B of A just up and across the street from Tony Starlights plus a Wells Fargo and Chase just a bit further along Sandy.

Little bird on my shoulder suddenly saying we could maybe use paypal. If Tony has WiFi, we could bring our laptop and make it happen. Hmmm.... Suddenly I have need for an iPhone. Scary.

Craig, WiFi?

-Joe

View Profile of Rum Demon Send a personal message to Rum Demon  Goto the website of Rum Demon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-02 7:30 pm   Permalink

That's a big yes to wifi at tony's!

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-02 8:28 pm   Permalink

I shouldn't read this thread. It makes me sad I won't be there. Can I buy a raffle ticket even though I won't be there? Or must I be present to win?

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-03 08:12 am   Permalink

Oh, you'll be having so much fun at Oasis you won't miss us at all! Are you leaving on Friday?

I think we can make an exception for our "must be present to win" rule for you!

View Profile of TikiMama Send a personal message to TikiMama  Email TikiMama Goto the website of TikiMama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-03 09:04 am   Permalink

We leave Wednesday night. Just got to get through 3 more days of work! I know once I am on my trip I will be having a ton of fun and may forget what I am missing back home. I'm down for getting a raffle ticket! How much are they?

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-03 10:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-31 06:39, Rum Balls wrote:
Looks like I will be solo on Saturday night at Tony Starlight's. Any one have an extra seat at their table? I'll buy the first round!

join us! we have space at our 8 top.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-03 12:19 pm   Permalink

I'll be sending out email to everyone who has tickets, but I thought I'd put the info here too:

If you'd like to join in the attire-theming fun:

FRI: Please wear your finest "Safari" themed or "Jungle Adventure" Wear = pith helmets are a +!

SAT: For the Speakeasy Saturday Night, while vintage aloha wear is always a boon, 30's formal dress is specifically smiled apon. There will be prizes for the best dressed that night so dress to impress!

Thanks to MunkTiki, Smuggler's Cove, Rum Demon, Tiki Hana, Ocea Otica, and Mount Gay Rum for their generous donations.

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls

Posted: 2009-08-04 11:13 am   Permalink

Thanks for the heads up on attire. All this time, I thought the theme was "STREAK-easy"...

Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-04 11:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-04 11:13, Rum Balls wrote:
Thanks for the heads up on attire. All this time, I thought the theme was "STREAK-easy"...

You would!

TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-04 11:24 am   Permalink

If I see any rum balls on Rum Balls, I'm having you thrown out. This is a CLASSY EVENT dammit.

Same goes for Tevas.

View Profile of TikiMama Send a personal message to TikiMama  Email TikiMama Goto the website of TikiMama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls

Posted: 2009-08-04 12:05 pm   Permalink

Even patent leather Tevas?

[ This Message was edited by: Rum Balls 2009-08-04 12:05 ]

KeithH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-04 1:02 pm   Permalink

Any chance we could get a list of vendors? I'd like to plan my cash.

I've already got my eye on a certain mug.

View Profile of KeithH Send a personal message to KeithH      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
phynix
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-05 10:28 am   Permalink

Extra table space for 2 at Shawn's and my table!

As for vintage attire - keep in mind the prohibition was about 1920 to 1933 so think Art Deco and Flappers!

I will be trying to put together some Flapper/Deco inspired hair clips for this event and vending my crazy tiki flower clips for anyone interested.

See you Saturday!

View Profile of phynix Send a personal message to phynix  Goto the website of phynix     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation