FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tiki Kon 2009 : Tiki Speakeasy : Aug 7 - 9 : Tickets now on sale!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Tiki Kon 2009 : Tiki Speakeasy : Aug 7 - 9 : Tickets now on sale!!
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-05 10:35 am   Permalink

If anyone is feeling inspired, you can download "One Hour Flapper Dress" here! Keep in mind that you'll look like a sack a potatoes, because everyone does in those dresses.

Those flowers look great!

View Profile of TikiMama Send a personal message to TikiMama  Email TikiMama Goto the website of TikiMama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
phynix
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-05 3:17 pm   Permalink

I think Lippman Co at 50 SE Yamhill and Hollywood Vintage at 2800 NE Sandy both have flapper and gangster costumes.

"Sack o potatoes" heehee and this is different from a muumuu how?? Muumuu with fringe!!! Aw man! Why didn't I think about that a week ago!

View Profile of phynix Send a personal message to phynix  Goto the website of phynix     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
palapala
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-06 3:46 pm   Permalink

we're in portland a day early for the tikiKon, and we have all of tomorrow till about 4 to knock around. we're from washington state, so the liquor nazis have prevented us from getting the best exotic ingredients for our bar. Any suggestions of good liquor stores to go to? ( we're staying in Lake oswego, but we'll drive a bit ).

Also, any good vintage stores that might have guys and gals hawaiiana style clothing, shoes, and accessories?

we're both on the large side and its especially hard for Lopaka to find any jackets or other things.

Appreciate any suggestions you might have and see you tomorrow!
Mahaloz!

View Profile of palapala Send a personal message to palapala  Email palapala     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-06 4:19 pm   Permalink

Best liquor store in Pdx is Pearl Specialty @ 900 NW Lovejoy http://www.pearlspecialty.com/

Vintage my favs:
AlexSandra's, 6726 N Interstate Avenue
Hawthorne Vintage, 4722 SE Hawthorne Blvd
Avalon Vintage, 410 SW Oak St

View Profile of TikiMama Send a personal message to TikiMama  Email TikiMama Goto the website of TikiMama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-08-07 07:09 am   Permalink

The OLCC store @ SE 11th & Hawthorne also has a good selection of rum: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?city=PORTLAND&state=OR&address=1040+SE+Hawthorne+Blvd.&country=us&zoom=8

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drewgroove
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-07 07:32 am   Permalink

Some other places that carry vintage:
Smut (more stuff than clothes, stands for So Many Unique Treasures)
Ray's Ragtime
Hollywood
Rock-n-Rose / Hattie's / Bombshell (all on the same block of E Burnside)

Here are some other places to visit if inclined:
For cocktails:
The Doug Fir
Dot's
Departure
The Florida Room
Portland City Grill
The Space Room
Rontom's
Gold Dust Meridian
Saucebox

Other
Voodoo Doughnuts
Velveterium

[ This Message was edited by: drewgroove 2009-08-07 07:37 ]

View Profile of drewgroove Send a personal message to drewgroove  Goto the website of drewgroove     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
palapala
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-07 09:29 am   Permalink

Thanks for all your suggestions as to where to go in Portland. we'll be doing the tour later today.

A question to all the wahines out there:
in my travels through Duvall washington, looking for clothes for the event, I found this little eye popper of a dress. Its too small for me, but I have to believe someone out there would like to have it. Id be happy to trade it for a drink - it wasn't very expensive. I don't know the actual size, but I suspect its somewhere between an 8 and a 10. Great like-new condition, and it looks like something "laugh-in era, goldie hawn would wear to a luau". Made by tahiti imports, international market place, waikiki. Pioneer Inn, lahaina maui.
Let me know if you want it or look at it, and I'll bring it.

View Profile of palapala Send a personal message to palapala  Email palapala     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Demon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-07 10:30 am   Permalink

Er uh... don't mean to play the sap, but where do we meet tonight at 7?

not "in the know"
-Joe

View Profile of Rum Demon Send a personal message to Rum Demon  Goto the website of Rum Demon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeithH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-07 1:49 pm   Permalink

Will there be real food or just bar food at tonight's secret location? Just trying to plan out dinner.

View Profile of KeithH Send a personal message to KeithH      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
palapala
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-07 4:59 pm   Permalink

Well, Pearl Specialty is quite possibly the best liquor store in the northwest. Not having been to all of them , however, I can't be 100% sure, but tis sure better than anything near us in Kenmore.

palapala
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 10:20 pm   Permalink

Just a quick note to thank Craig, Heather, and all the other amaizingly wonderful folks that created and participated in the Portland tikikon!
I enjoyed the company of everyone there, and they made it easy for me to drop my "Drama Queen" colored glasses and have a really great time...
I'm happily exausted,a bit hung over, and still smiling!
Heartfelt Mahaloz to you all!

tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-10 4:15 pm   Permalink

Hip, Hip Hooray for Heather and Craig! I had a great time as usual, although I am a bit disappointed I missed out on the naked women viewing.

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-11 09:02 am   Permalink

Thanks to everyone who helped and attended NW Tiki Kon 2009: Tiki Speakeasy. You're the reason we keep having fabulous and successful events year after year.

Here's to Next Year!

Also: Expect news coming down the pike about TK 2009 swag available for order and shipping including some nifty surprises!

cmh

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2009-08-11 5:40 pm   Permalink

Craig, Heather & Noel ~ fantastic Tiki Kon Weekend!! Blair & Sara, Mark & Maggie ~ thanks for having us over to your amazing homes! Alibi Brunch was delicious gluttony!

all my pix at

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t85/etamburine/09%20tiki%20kon/

because im too lazy to upload here.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-08-18 07:37 am   Permalink

Sorry it's taken me a week to surface after Tiki Kon...after Sunday's home bar tour, I spent all last week scraping/sanding/repairing/etc. my house for painting.

Thanks to everyone who put TK on - it was a blast! Safari bowling Friday, Thatch & Tony Starlite's on Saturday, brunch at Alibi and home bars on Sunday. "Aloha" and "Mahalo" to all the Tiki Kon-sorts I met and shared drinks & good times with!

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation