FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events SOLD OUT! 2009 Seattle Area Home Bar Tour, August 21st & 22nd
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
SOLD OUT! 2009 Seattle Area Home Bar Tour, August 21st & 22nd
DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-06 1:34 pm   Permalink

Aloha, Folks! This year's Seattle Area Home Bar Tour will be taking place on the weekend of August 21st & 22nd, a Friday and Saturday. Lots of ideas and possibilities are swirling round, being discussed and considered, but I have no details to yet release. However, for those of you who have attended any of the previous year's festivities, the scheduling and general outline of the event will be basically the same: Day One -- Luau & backyard BBQ with live & DJed entertainment, exotic cocktails, and giveaways; Day Two: a 6 hour Tour, starting out with cocktails, Indonesian appetisers, and live music at Island Life's Monkey Bar, followed by stops to 2 or 3 Seattle Area Home Bars. One of the stops (homes) is so impressive (and with a heated pool) that I may extend the stop time, bringing the stops (not including Island Life) to 2.

Ticket reservations are $50/person, payable via Paypal to
balihai66@gmail.com. These tickets are not refundable, so please make sure you will be able to attend before making reservations.

More to come!

Okole Maluna!

[ This Message was edited by: DJ Terence Gunn 2009-08-18 23:41 ]

View Profile of DJ Terence Gunn Send a personal message to DJ Terence Gunn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-07 1:52 pm   Permalink

Of course we'll be there! It's the most fun you can have on a big yellow bus!

View Profile of Dancin' Lizard Send a personal message to Dancin' Lizard  Email Dancin' Lizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-20 1:36 pm   Permalink

Update: Live music this year will be provided by 'Mai Tai Conspiracy' (last year's 'The Band From Uncle'). So expect some familiar surf, Exotica, and Spy themes, up, close, and personal! Mai Tai Conspiracy will also be playing an event in Seattle sometime in July or early August.

T.B.F.U. (Mai Tai Conspiracy), performing 'Quiet Village', last year at The Monkeyskull Voodoo Lounge (sound and audio captured from a video phone, so don't expect great clarity!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SraRqTFhyU

Things are warming up, in more ways than one! More to come soon.

[ This Message was edited by: DJ Terence Gunn 2009-05-14 21:45 ]

View Profile of DJ Terence Gunn Send a personal message to DJ Terence Gunn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-02 03:52 am   Permalink

Looks like Seattle ukulele band The Ukadelics will be performing on the second day of the Seattle Area Home Bar Tour! This is really going to be a fun weekend!

If you haven't seen this Japanese TV segment on the Ukadelics (and it is quite hilarious) here it is:

http://seattletwist.com/2009/04/04/ukadelic-documentary-from-japanese-tv/

It's up to you to take the documentary as seriously as you wish. (I've noticed that people in Southern California take everything seriously except Tiki.)

Jokes aside, I will say one thing: Seattle's Ukadelics put on a very fun show, and will have you singing and smiling in the Ol' but new Aloha way.

palapala
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-02 09:15 am   Permalink

Very funny syntho-Doc!
any Japanese speakers out there know what the narrator was really saying?
How many folks are signed on for the bar tour so far?

View Profile of palapala Send a personal message to palapala  Email palapala     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-04 12:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-02 09:15, palapala wrote:
Very funny syntho-Doc!
any Japanese speakers out there know what the narrator was really saying?
How many folks are signed on for the bar tour so far?

What makes you think the Japanese speakers aren't saying what is put in subtitles, Palapala? ;o)

Update: As far as folks on board for the SAHBT so far -- and we've still nearly two and a half months to go! -- over half the capacity has been filled, with still a whole slew of folks sitting on the bamboo fence (which can hardly be comfortable, but heck, it's their bottoms not mine).

[ This Message was edited by: DJ Terence Gunn 2009-06-11 13:48 ]

Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-05 01:02 am   Permalink

I would love to go to this, but we will have to see. We will just be returning from our 2 week tiki road trip on the 19th. May be a bit much to head right up to Seattle. Especially, since we will be in Seattle on the Sept 4th and 5th.

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-12 5:15 pm   Permalink

Screw it! I'm going to try and make this happen!

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-15 01:14 am   Permalink

I am very pleased to announce that one of Seattle's most impressive homes and outside Tiki bars -- The Hollywood House of Tiki -- is now a stop on this year's Tour. Fabulous!

DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-10 11:38 am   Permalink

Update! As of July 10th, the capacity for the SAHBT is getting close to filled. Don't wait 'til August to make your reservations!

beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-23 4:19 pm   Permalink

I had SOOOO much fun last year. I'm extremely bummed I can't do it this time around. Don't forget me for next year though - I hope to be financialy able then Sounds like it's gonna be AWESOME! Don't forget to take pics people!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-08 9:25 pm   Permalink

I've been informed that the August issue of Seattle Magazine has a little article (page 21) mentioning the Seattle Area Home Bar Tour. Nothing really substantial or informative; more a brief, but positive blurb. (Little do they know the SAHBT is so much more!) I haven't seen the physical article myself (as all the stores I've been to only have the July issue available) but hear there's a couple images of the Hollywood House Of Tiki, which is featured on this year's Tour. Still, worth a look-see for some of you locals.

phynix
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-10 1:32 pm   Permalink

Yay! Just bought my ticket!

View Profile of phynix Send a personal message to phynix  Goto the website of phynix     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeithH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-10 2:51 pm   Permalink

I had so much fun at Tiki Kon here in Portland. I am seriously considering making the drive up to Seattle.

View Profile of KeithH Send a personal message to KeithH      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-16 10:35 pm   Permalink

Update: As of Sunday, August 16th, only four spots left open for the SAHBT this upcoming weekend. Interested in attending? The cost is $50/person payable to balihai66@gmail.com. Please contact me first for availability. Deadline for available reservations is August 19th. No reservations (even if spots are available) will be accepted after this date.

We've had some dodgy weather here in Seattle lately: extreme heat followed by unseasonably overcast and almost chilly weather (mainly in the evening); but the weather has been returning to 'normal' and the forecast for this weekend looks very good.

As per usual, not many TC'ers are attending. But for those who are -- and who read this post -- I look forward to seeing you; and more importantly, hope you have a stellar time.

Best and Aloha.

-T.G.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation