FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tribal finger pendant #3 done....p. 4
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tribal finger pendant #3 done....p. 4
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-06 9:38 pm   Permalink

Here's my first ever attempt at carving. It's a carving of a trophy finger - a shrunken finger I guess! Only this one is actual size... I saw one something like it on a Twilight Zone episode called "The Jungle". One feather is from my Peruvian Nanday, and the other one is from a yellowhammer I believe. I did enjoy carving it... Try not to laugh, Ben!

www.samgambino.com

[ This Message was edited by: Sam Gambino 2009-04-26 19:15 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Sam Gambino 2009-05-04 22:10 ]

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MarkusK
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-06 10:03 pm   Permalink

Weird, in a shiver-down-my-spine-way. Great Idea, I had to save that image to my collection of remarkable carvings. Thumbs up! (though maybe not for this poor fella )

View Profile of MarkusK Send a personal message to MarkusK      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-06 11:23 pm   Permalink

That's cool! I really did not think I would care for a finger carving much but you nailed it. Makes me want my own finger carving congrats

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2009-04-06 11:43 pm   Permalink

Looks good. Now you need to make a whole bunch so they can all hang from a big brass keyring.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-04-07 08:07 am   Permalink

That's pretty cool - all 5 (or ten) would make a cool wind chime.

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-07 09:09 am   Permalink

hahaha, you are nuts! very well done and very cool!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-07 11:06 am   Permalink

Thanks so much for the kind words MarkusK, keigs20, Hakalugi, tikigap and Clarita. My kids gave me feathers from their collection and the beads. Now my little boy wants a finger too. Thanks again for looking and commenting!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-07 5:08 pm   Permalink

Very well done and a first carving outstanding. This finger looks real
and the nail.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thegreenman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-07 6:01 pm   Permalink

Nice Voudon feel.

Can you carve one with a ring on it?

View Profile of thegreenman Send a personal message to thegreenman  Email thegreenman Goto the website of thegreenman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BUFFBAD
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-07 6:22 pm   Permalink

HEY !! That looks like my finger !!! VERY NICE !!!! BUFFBAD

View Profile of BUFFBAD Send a personal message to BUFFBAD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-07 7:06 pm   Permalink

Hey Sam! Good to seez you! That's a fine looking digit there. Can you carve a middle finger for me? Send it over to Benzo, C.O.D. Thanks!

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-07 10:01 pm   Permalink

Wild stuff Sam.

The finger reminds me of "The Monkey's Paw."

Three Wishes Anyone?

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-07 10:10 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much, seeksurf, Greenman, Buffbad, GMan and Lake Surfer!

Hey greenman - I'm pretty sure I can carve one with a ring... Just send the ring right along!

Hey GMan - Ben's the inspiration! I can't do that!

www.samgambino.com

Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-04-07 10:50 pm   Permalink

the nail part is awesome.

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-08 03:36 am   Permalink

Nice finger Sam, gives new meaning to "giving the finger",, but GMAN's proposal to "give" the finger and then make the recipient PAY for it is a New and devious twist which only a sane person would contrive.I'll get together a list of a dozen peeps to send the finger to, and All "cod" too! Make GMAN's old and crotchety with boogers under the fingernail.

Excellent finger btw. About time you carved something!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation