FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tribal finger pendant #3 done....p. 4
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tribal finger pendant #3 done....p. 4
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-08 03:58 am   Permalink

Nice finger Sam, gives new meaning to "giving the finger",, but GMAN's proposal to "give" the finger and then make the recipient PAY for it is a New and devious twist which only a sane person would contrive.I'll get together a list of a dozen peeps to send the finger to, and All "cod" too! Make GMAN's old and crotchety with boogers under the fingernail.

Excellent finger btw. About time you carved something!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-08 05:47 am   Permalink

Nice carving. The proportions look great, and I love how the stain came out. See Kirby, THIS is how you carve a finger, not literally carve your finger. I agree with other comments, a whole set would be cool, time to start on the other 9. I think a slightly curved finger at each joint would really spike the creepy factor.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grapa-RuHa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-08 11:55 am   Permalink

WOW, I love this piece.
Maybe it's the Misfits fan in me, but i'd love to hang one of these around my neck and see how people react.
Brilliant idea and very well executed

View Profile of Grapa-RuHa Send a personal message to Grapa-RuHa  Goto the website of Grapa-RuHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-08 12:47 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much, Tahitiki, Ben, Tiki Mango and Grapa! I appreciate the kind words! I had fun with carving it, and that's a good idea about the boogers, etc. Ben! Maybe a little nail fungus too??

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-08 3:57 pm   Permalink

"Make GMAN's old and crotchety with boogers under the fingernail."

I laughed so hard soda shot out of my nose!

What a great idea, Sam. What a great gift. A whole new way to give the finger to someone you love.....

-G

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-09 12:47 pm   Permalink

Thanks GMAN! Hey, it's a new gift idea - give a gift and tell someone where to go all at the same time!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-09 12:53 pm   Permalink

Wow, haha! Great carving and so realistic! I think you're gonna start a trend of finger carvings here...

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-04-09 2:39 pm   Permalink

creepy as hell!

i love it!

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-09 8:51 pm   Permalink

Thanks BigT and Big Toe! Are you guys brothers? Those names are just too similar.... Thanks for the kind words, and bring on more fingers!

www.samgambino.com

tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-09 11:15 pm   Permalink

Very kewl Sam . im finishin up two paintins that are your kinda Jive . Keep ROCKIN DUDE.

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-10 08:22 am   Permalink

Thanks a bunch Jymmy! I can't wait to see the 2 paintings!

Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-12 4:43 pm   Permalink

What about the ears? Have to have some ears to go with the fingers.

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-12 5:30 pm   Permalink

Ears? Why ears? Don't noses go better with fingers?

www.samgambino.com

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-13 03:21 am   Permalink

Thats what I was thinkin! Sam,you have another carve in the works?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-13 10:20 am   Permalink

Ears and fingers are classic war collecting items. Noses get to mussy over time. Not enough cartilage to keep there form.....lol

Facebook

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation