FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Monkeyman frame for Heather Watts art
Monkeyman frame for Heather Watts art
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-06 10:23 pm   Permalink

This frame has been sitting on my rack waiting to be carved for a number of years now...

Its finally done. This Heather Watts print was purchased many Tiki Oasis ago.. the matting was done by the talented Frame Fetish.

Frame by Monkeyman
The wood is a solid mahogany
The tikis out front are a separate piece of wood on each side
the custom frame was cut with a side channel so that the seagrass braid would fit flush and be super custom

Mai Tai.. your frame is next..... sorry for the wait buddy.

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2009-04-07 09:46 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-06 11:14 pm   Permalink

Awsome monkeyman is back carving frames again yeeehaaa...

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-06 11:20 pm   Permalink

Holy Kamapua'a!
That is sooooooooooo freaking cool. The skulls in the waves are awesome. I love this whole "Elaborate custom carved frame" thing thats going on in the low brow art scene. I can only hope and pray some day someone puts one of my pieces in such a beautiful and elaborate frame.

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-07 10:59 am   Permalink

Hi Derek, everything you make has such amazing attention to detail and polish and sets the bar for quality. Seriously.
I have 5 of your album frames and they are among my favorite things to decorate Hula Sue's with when it's all done. They are incredible.
Thanks for inspiring,
John

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-07 3:56 pm   Permalink

Thanks Kirby, TikiShark and Pupu.

I have another 3 frames on my rack waiting to be carved. My goal is to knock them all out in the next month or two.

I usually like to add more color into my frames but the bright reds of the mat seemed to be more compatible with darker muted stain.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-08 10:50 pm   Permalink

I love it!!!!! IloveitIloveitIlovitIloveit. Did I say how much I love it?
Very nice work on the tikis.

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-08 11:35 pm   Permalink

Derek's BAck!
wah....

nice frame,clown!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-15 2:43 pm   Permalink

When all else fails and your thread isnt bumped by others.... just start thanking people....

thanks Mom
thanks Dad
thanks Grandma
thanks Santa Claus
thanks friendly neighbor
thanks for looking
thanks for bidding
thanks for coming
thanks for staying
thanks for saying thanks
thanks thanks thanks

merci
danka
gracias

Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-15 8:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-04-15 14:43, Monkeyman wrote:
When all else fails and your thread isnt bumped by others.... just start thanking people....

Thanks for posting your art MM! your frames are awesome! always have been, always will be! anyone with a custom MM frame is LUCKY!
thanks
thanks
thanks
thanks
thanks....

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-17 07:08 am   Permalink

It was really cool to see you working in person at that one Chop a while back...you have a great calling here Derick...your work is truly wonderful.

keep posting!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation