FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Bora Bora, Madrid, Spain (bar)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Bora Bora, Madrid, Spain (bar)
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-16 6:22 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-16 6:25 pm   Permalink

Wham!

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mister Naufrago
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-17 08:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-15 16:35, thejab wrote:
There's nothing more cozy looking than a tiki bar on a snowy street like that.

Do you have any inside photos?

Im truly amazed about the place still being uncharted.
Enjoy the virtual visit.

View Profile of Mister Naufrago Send a personal message to Mister Naufrago  Email Mister Naufrago     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-01-17 08:27 am   Permalink

I truly enjoyed that photo visit! I hope to be there in person soon as I have friends in Madrid who have invited me to return, which I may do in October.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-01-17 08:49 am   Permalink

I just checked Tiki Road Trip #2 to make sure I didn't just miss it, and it's not mentioned, though there's a Bora Bora in Tarragona that I didn't know about when I was in that city some years ago.

It's also not in Critiki.

Long time Europe TC correspondents (Virani, Trader Woody, Tiki Chris), are you holding out on us?

It looks even better than Bar Mauna Loa in Madrid, and reminds me a lot of Kahala in Barcelona.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-17 09:14 am   Permalink

Dean, you're not getting it. There is a nice old Sufi saying, "The Secret protects itself". There was a time, the height of the Tiki revival, where it seemed judicious to not blabber out every place to the world in order to protect its treasures from the greedier elements who cared not for the culture as a whole, but for amassing the biggest collection of mugs only.
This time has passed, we are a happy minority again, and since I have STILL not succeeded in documenting such a site as this, who knows if I ever will.
If anyone though uses this information to deplete the mana of such a place by looting, he will be banned from this site forever. And I am not talking about those happy tourist mugs posted earlier here.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-17 09:21 am   Permalink

I can't wait to get to Madrid, again, so I can spend a night (or few) at Bora Bora - it looks fabulous!!!!!!!

Thanks, Zeta, for posting the pix, too I can't wait to enjoy a cocktail (or few) out of those mugs when I visit!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-18 09:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-17 08:49, thejab wrote:
I just checked Tiki Road Trip #2 to make sure I didn't just miss it, and it's not mentioned, though there's a Bora Bora in Tarragona that I didn't know about when I was in that city some years ago.

It's also not in Critiki.

Long time Europe TC correspondents (Virani, Trader Woody, Tiki Chris), are you holding out on us?

It looks even better than Bar Mauna Loa in Madrid, and reminds me a lot of Kahala in Barcelona.

thejab, I have posted MANY places that have never been published anywhere before! So a little recognition would't hurt me either!

Quote:

On 2010-01-17 09:14, bigbrotiki wrote:
If anyone though uses this information to deplete the mana of such a place by looting, he will be banned from this site forever. And I am not talking about those happy tourist mugs posted earlier here.

Don't worry Bigbro, Jose, the owner/barman, who is a big man and loves his bar, is warned about the "treasure hunters". Also, they are very used to that annoying practice of souvenir/trophy mug " collecting". I have seen people literally being kicked out because of it.

GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-18 3:31 pm   Permalink

WOW! That interior looks spectacular! Love the carved wood panel walls, the lighting and... are those stone walls in the foyer or some kind of faux stone? Not that it really matters because it looks great. Boy, I'd love to visit it someday.

Muchas gracias Zeta and Mister Naufrago!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-18 4:18 pm   Permalink

This is really a question for Zeta, but the most outstanding Tiki art, especially on the facades and in the entrance halls of Spanish Tiki bars (if you go and check all the other posts about them) was done in sculptural ceramic tile, piecing the Tikis together like a 3D puzzle.

Spain has the oldest ceramic tile tradition in Europe, from the days of its Islamic occupation:

"From the 16th century onwards Moorish tile making slowly spread north through Spain. Some of the most spectacular ceramics can be found at the Alhambra Palace in Granada, and in the Great Mosque in Cordoba."

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-19 05:19 am   Permalink

you can also check out http://tikieurope.com/ for infos on European tiki bars.
Bora Bora in Madrid is mentionned there.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinomad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-19 06:38 am   Permalink

Ma halo for sharing Virani, there are some wonderful pictures on that site!

View Profile of Tikinomad Send a personal message to Tikinomad  Email Tikinomad Goto the website of Tikinomad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-19 12:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-19 06:38, Tikinomad wrote:
Ma halo for sharing Virani, there are some wonderful pictures on that site!

Too bad they don't have pictures like this one:

Original concept drawing from the creator of the Spanish Tiki Style.

Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2010-01-19 1:06 pm   Permalink

Very nice.

The concept art for these places is my favorite type of rendering, and often the hardest to find.

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-19 1:36 pm   Permalink

I did a search on YouTube (Bora Bora, Madrid) and I get a lot of videos of a discotech there.
Two places called Bora Bora in Madrid?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation