FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving new marq p-11
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
new marq p-11
Creative Chimp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-12 08:41 am   Permalink

finally finished laojia's piece...its now in his hands and hanging out in france!!!!!!!

below is a is a step by step and was even able to include the tree. The limb is about 20 years old that broke off my mothers tree...mahogany. nice wood to work with and going to trim off some more. This piece i stopped planning so much and just took a chainsaw to it and a new set of rasp...experimented with doing my first inlay and a staining technique to try and make it look old. def need to experiment on that some more.

over all i love the sepik....much more forgiving and i left the small imperfections and chisel marks on ..kinda helped make it look older and used. the biggest lesson i learned this time is to stop thinking and planning so much......just do it and get it done.

and the final. first inlay of abalone shell in the eyes and a distressed stain style...i know they use other shells in the eyes but i like the color of that shell. anyway still experimenting and trying something new each time.......

and the other sides

hes now in a good home.....maybe jerome will take a pic in france....

[ This Message was edited by: Creative Chimp 2011-11-12 08:46 ]

View Profile of Creative Chimp Send a personal message to Creative Chimp      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NIxxon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-12 10:16 am   Permalink

beautiful work....and the play by play is really cool. interesting to see how just another branch can turn into something with so much character.

View Profile of NIxxon Send a personal message to NIxxon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-12 10:49 am   Permalink

Awesome Sepic piece!

I need to get some bigger wood!

Thanks for sharing!

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Keylo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-11-12 12:32 pm   Permalink

This is definitely a captivating piece worth drooling over!! Really like the way you stylized this figure. Awesome work Chimp!!

View Profile of Keylo Send a personal message to Keylo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-12 1:03 pm   Permalink

Another outstanding carve! Well done.

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-13 05:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-11-12 08:41, Creative Chimp wrote:

YEAH!!!! Yes! He live in a good home! It has arrived safely, now I fathom the top of the tower of the computer. I think he found his place.
I would do a picture soon but I do not think it will be as successful as the above.

Thank's again for this masterpiece Creative Chimp

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-13 07:45 am   Permalink

Beautiful Sepik piece, love the aged approach - it looks like it would be right at home in a museum someplace!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Creative Chimp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-13 09:01 am   Permalink

nixxon
Mctiki
keylo
amate
maddogmike,......thank you for the compliments and looking...i could have worked on this piece and added paint, details and i also wanted to add horse hair on this but then it wouldnt be done till next year....but i learned alot. next one will go faster and try some new things. going to do another sepik.......but first.....going to go open a beer

laojia...your very welcome. glad he made it over the ocean......maybe get that one together with benellas and drink 100 beers!

[ This Message was edited by: Creative Chimp 2011-11-13 09:21 ]

View Profile of Creative Chimp Send a personal message to Creative Chimp      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-13 4:07 pm   Permalink

Nice piece man,be think'n about try'n me hand at a papua new guinea guy me self.Way kool stuff!Cheers Watango

View Profile of Watango productions Send a personal message to Watango productions  Email Watango productions     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-13 4:33 pm   Permalink

wow...that is great man...

EPIC SEPIK!!!

[ This Message was edited by: pjc5150 2011-11-13 16:36 ]

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Creative Chimp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-15 05:48 am   Permalink

pjc5150,
watango...thanks for looking and the comps....now i need to get off my butt and start another.

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-11-15 07:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-11-13 16:33, pjc5150 wrote:
EPIC SEPIK!!!

2nd that.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Creative Chimp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-27 08:56 am   Permalink

been a couple years but finally got off my ass and carved something...made out of Italian marble with abalone inlay..

cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-27 4:10 pm   Permalink

Happy you got off your non carvin' ass Creative Chimp, nice work!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Creative Chimp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-30 08:52 am   Permalink

thanks CY...im on to another already

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation