FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Hand-blown, tiki shot glasses out of Mexico
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Hand-blown, tiki shot glasses out of Mexico
Tiki1068

Posted: 2009-04-10 12:20 pm   Permalink

Hi All,

I work with artisan glass factory out of Hidalgo, Mexico and would like to find out if there's sufficient interest in one of our particular pieces, a 50ml hand-blown tiki shot glass, for us to export to the US/worldwide.

Production cost per shot is $0.95usd, any color in small volumes if necessary.

Please get in touch for further details - equally, your comments/suggestions on on the glass will be much appreciated.

Saludos,
Tiki1068

View Profile of Tiki1068 Send a personal message to Tiki1068      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-10 1:36 pm   Permalink

First of all, there are no Tiki GLASSES out there, so that is good for you and your idea.

To assess this sample though, it would help to get more, in-focus shots from various sides of it. The design is interesting, as far as I can tell.

Then: If the glass is intended for use, not only as a collectible, the Tiki community members I know imbibe their liquor two ways: Either as cocktails, in Mai Tai tumblers and other large glasses and Tiki mugs, or if as pure alcohol, rum from sipping glasses, which are larger and a little wider than shot glasses, usually. This one strikes me as a little too narrow for sipping.

But if the glasses are pretty enough and not too expensive, they will find buyers in any form. Just don't ask me about numbers.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiauction
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-10 1:46 pm   Permalink

the generic beer bottle green seems to be too light a tint (at least from the picture) to really bring out the details. maybe try a darker tint? if the production costs are only 95 cents why not send a bunch of em out at cost to people as samples?

View Profile of tikiauction Send a personal message to tikiauction  Goto the website of tikiauction     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-10 4:07 pm   Permalink

I don't know, won't it be a darker tint once you put some dark rum in it?

Regarding glasses, I hope you won't just do shot glasses. I'd love to see some full size glasses like this.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-10 6:11 pm   Permalink

I would by alot of them to resale locally if offered.

View Profile of drasticwagon Send a personal message to drasticwagon  Goto the website of drasticwagon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki1068

Posted: 2009-04-10 6:26 pm   Permalink

Thanks for your feedback so far, everyone. Here's what a darker colored shot looks like (Tikiauction, I agree, it does look more striking than bottle green).

I honestly hadn't thought about producing bigger glasses/cups, but I'm open to any suggestions/designs you have in mind.

As a sipping glass, the narrow rim obviously sends liquid straight down the centre of the tongue, so I guess this is not ideal for rum lovers who like to involve more taste buds! (Originally, the piece was designed for shooters).

T

View Profile of Tiki1068 Send a personal message to Tiki1068      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-04-10 7:55 pm   Permalink

Nice! I like them... If you have a few other designs and an assortment of colors that would be great.. I've met many people that collect just shots and a glass tiki shot would be different..
Good Luck!

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-10 9:54 pm   Permalink

I like them a lot, I like the different colors idea too

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-10 10:06 pm   Permalink

Don Julio in a tiki shot? Nothin but. I covet thee.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-10 10:50 pm   Permalink

View Profile of hottiki Send a personal message to hottiki  Email hottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-13 05:01 am   Permalink

These look very similar to the glass tikis in the Voodoo Tiki Tequila, do you make those too?

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki1068

Posted: 2009-04-13 06:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-04-13 05:01, cheekytiki wrote:
These look very similar to the glass tikis in the Voodoo Tiki Tequila, do you make those too?

Yes, they are based on the very same tiki! (The only difference being the bottle tiki is solid, not hollow.) We regularly get emails from Voodoo Tiki Tequila fans about where to get more of these shot glasses, and wanted to see whether a wider audience (especially tiki collectors and suppliers) would like these made available for purchase.

Please let me know if this piece is something your clients in UK/Europe would be interested in!

Here's a clip of one being made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoZtTAmBaMI

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki1068 2009-04-13 07:09 ]

Tiki1068

Posted: 2009-04-23 07:36 am   Permalink

Now available to buy online, in the US!
http://www.voodootiki.com/tikigear.html

For wholesale enquiries, please email Donna@voodootiki.com

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions on this thread - much appreciated.

Tiki1068

Posted: 2010-06-19 8:17 pm   Permalink

For bulk shipping out of Mexico, please contact me directly - colors available are red. green and blue.

Price per box (30 shot glasses/50ml): $75.00usd,

Saludos,
Julian McWatt
julian@voodootiki.com

phinz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-19 8:43 pm   Permalink

I like mine. Here are the ones that I have in Ooga-Mooga

traderscotts.com

View Profile of phinz Send a personal message to phinz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation