FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events OHANA - Luau at the Lake - Room Crawl Sign Up and Schedule UPDATED! pg.1 & pg 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
OHANA - Luau at the Lake - Room Crawl Sign Up and Schedule UPDATED! pg.1 & pg 3
dcman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-06 5:51 pm   Permalink

I'm willing to serve drinks during the Friday night crawl - 8:30-10:00 if you need someone. I just need to know around how many people will be attending so I can prepare.

We'll provide cups or bring your own mug.......

dcman

View Profile of dcman Send a personal message to dcman  Goto the website of dcman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-08 06:31 am   Permalink

Quote:
I just need to know around how many people will be attending so I can prepare.

We'll know better later in the summer but if both shows sell out there will be over 200 attendees.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dcman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-08 11:47 am   Permalink

damn, I'm gonna need a bigger ice bucket........

dcman

View Profile of dcman Send a personal message to dcman  Goto the website of dcman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-08 12:30 pm   Permalink

Its only June and we're well on our way to selling this thing out.

As a crawl host, how much you do is up to you. Bring what you feel comfortable with, and when you're done, you close your doors.

You have an hour and a half window. If you only stay open for an hour of it, so be it.

We're all doing this out the Aloha we want to spread to our fellow Ohana. No one expects you to serve EVERY guest (although some of our hosts will try!! lol ), and its part of the reason why we have multiple rooms open at the same time. We spread the crawlers out so no one room gets swamped, and "share the load" as it were.

Put out a tip jar, and pour drinks until time or booze runs out. (We do ask that when your time is up, you please shut down so other hosts can have their turn...and the bands will be playing too!!)

Rooms are also encouraged to re-open after the crawl is finished if they wish, but again, this is all at the discretion of the host.

And remember to get a few folks to help you, so they can take over for a few minutes & you can go get a peek at the other rooms open during your time-block!

If its anything like the NETT was last year, the room crawl is going to be one of the HIGHLIGHTS of Ohana!!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-11 05:05 am   Permalink

The schedule is finalized and it is time for the sign up officiale. Please post or PM me with your desired time slot and offering.

View Profile of Primo Kimo Send a personal message to Primo Kimo  Email Primo Kimo Goto the website of Primo Kimo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-15 8:45 pm   Permalink

Martiki-Bird and I will be hosting a room. Please add us to the list.

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-15 9:32 pm   Permalink

Hi, Primo! Just sent you a PM on FOM, but the Velveteen Lounge/Captain Quad/Rev Thumper/Kristiki room would like the second time slot and we'll let you know ASAP what cocktail we'll be pouring, but it will either be an original or an obscure old drink, so no worries about duplication. We're not making mai tais! Thanks!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dcman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-16 04:09 am   Permalink

Would anyone be interested in co-hosting a room with my wife and I? We can handle some or all of the drink materials, but this is my first event like this and it's pretty obvious that folks decorate their rooms in some fashion. Given that I'm completely in the dark about what is customary, so I'm looking for a partner.

dcman

Martiki-bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-18 08:08 am   Permalink

Aloha Primo! (Sorry if this is a repeat post.)

The Blue Lory is once again planning to host a room. Please add tabuzak and I (martiki-bird) to the room crawl host list please.

We'd like the 6:00-7:30 slot. I see now that there is a limit to the number of rooms for the crawl, so if we can't do the (very, very much preferred) first slot, we'll take the last one.

We'll be serving Hawaii Kai Treasures and our original punch.

Mahalo and cheers,

Gina

View Profile of Martiki-bird Send a personal message to Martiki-bird  Email Martiki-bird Goto the website of Martiki-bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-18 09:49 am   Permalink

Hey Primo - I also posted on FOM about this.

Birdgirl and I will be open during the first slot.

Drink TBD, but most likely something original or modified so the BBB books are still wide open for selections.

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-18 10:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-18 08:08, Martiki-bird wrote:
Aloha Primo! (Sorry if this is a repeat post.)

The Blue Lory is once again planning to host a room. Please add tabuzak and I (martiki-bird) to the room crawl host list please.

We'd like the 6:00-7:30 slot. I see now that there is a limit to the number of rooms for the crawl, so if we can't do the (very, very much preferred) first slot, we'll take the last one.

We'll be serving Hawaii Kai Treasures and our original punch.

Mahalo and cheers,

Gina

I vote for loosening up the three room per slot limit. I'm not sure you want me mixing drinks that late.

Please put us down for 6:00 to 7:30.

Jack

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dcman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-18 4:19 pm   Permalink

Just got some good news - In a addition to being a tiki obsessive like the rest of you, I've also written for Bachelor Pad Magazine (Issue #7/Spring 09, Your First Drink With a Burlesque Dancer). Java, editor and publisher, has been kind enough to offer to send copies of the magazine to hand out to room crawl attendees as a promotion while we're hosting (first come first served, I doubt I'll have close to enough for everyone). Any burlesque dancers out there who want to hang out with my wife and I during the crawl and sign copies?

dcman

Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-18 6:23 pm   Permalink

Or if any burlesque dancers wanna hang with me in the heart shaped jacuzzi tub after the room crawl, just pm me.

lol

Great news dcman!! I think Java is hitting us up with some stuff for the swag bags as well.

We're getting all sorts of great donations for swag & silent auction & raffle items.

Big announcements to come soon!!!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dcman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-19 03:31 am   Permalink

Java did tell me that swag bags will be stocked with Bachelor Pad Magazine! I will be handing out copies in addition to this. I haven't met a BPM fan yet who only wanted one!

Can't wait for the announcements! This get together is just getting better and better!

dcman

[ This Message was edited by: dcman 2009-06-19 05:10 ]

dcman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-23 11:59 am   Permalink

Is it possible to post an updated room crawl schedule? I'm sincerely hoping I'm not the only one hosting 8:30-10:00!

Also, still hoping for a burlesque dancer to hang out ! Anyone out there?

dcman

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation