Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Mr Tiki-in decline
Mr Tiki-in decline
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-17 6:48 pm   Permalink

Going to Mr. Tiki to be stared out by countless Bosko tikis tonight for the wifes Bday. If you're in town after 8, come down and have a Mai Tai with us!

[ This Message was edited by: billy the crud 2009-04-21 10:17 ]

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-17 7:34 pm   Permalink

Happy Birthday to Grace!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-20 7:19 pm   Permalink

The food and drinks are still good, but Mr Tiki has gone the way of all downtown shitholes. They want the young crowd to come in and mess the place up(like they did the Venus Lounge) so they try and cater to them. Nothing like trying to eat while they're playing Reggae and hip-hop so loud that you can barely carry on a conversation.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-21 08:46 am   Permalink

I've pretty much given up on going to bars and restaurants in downtown SD, especially on weekend nights. You have to fight for parking, the service wherever you go is usually bad. And even if you find a place you like, chances are it will close and be something else within a few months.

[ This Message was edited by: arriano 2009-04-21 08:46 ]

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-21 10:24 am   Permalink

Yeah, I agree-downtown is a total yuppy shithole and I liked it better when it smelled like piss and you had to step over homeless people. I griped and the GM came out and talked to me about how there would be some changes soon, but the music stayed bad. I got totally sick of reggae in the 80s.....like too much freakin' candy. Ziggy Marley, Burning Spear, the I three, Santa Barbara Sunsplash, too much LSD and Reefer.....now when I hear it, I feel ill.(I still dig the old "TuffGong" stuff, though!)

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation