FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Bilge Ľ Ľ Has today's TC crowd lost it's original warmth?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
Has today's TC crowd lost it's original warmth?
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-14 04:35 am   Permalink

Has today's TC crowd lost it's original warmth?

Yes but you could take out TC crowd and put in world or America
and the answer would be yes as well.

I like this line...

"OK. I get that maybe I donít look just like themÖI donít wear the spiffy 50s mod clothes or the BC glasses that make me look like a cool nerd. I also donít wear the vintage bark cloth gowns, or anything vintage for that matter. I am not a rockabilly, surf punk, 40s wannabe or pretty much tiki wearing anything. But that used to never be a problem. I wasnít wearing smelly, torn clothing. I did not look like a dirt bag. I was not inebriated to the point that I was obnoxious. I didnít look any where out of the norm. Whatís up with this?"

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-14 07:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-04-19 08:41, Hau 'oli Tiki wrote:

I went up to different people that were sitting around, not chatting, and said hi. I received lukewarm hellos, half hearted hiís and one cold stare! Two people told me their TC screen names were something outlandish and false. Very aloof and remote! My husband sat alone a few times, saving my seat as I visited the restroom or made runs to the bar for us. Usually, on my return, I would find him engaged in conversation with someone. He said not one person said hi or spoke to him as he sat there alone. This is unusual.

OK. I get that maybe I donít look just like themÖI donít wear the spiffy 50s mod clothes or the BC glasses that make me look like a cool nerd. I also donít wear the vintage bark cloth gowns, or anything vintage for that matter. I am not a rockabilly, surf punk, 40s wannabe or pretty much tiki wearing anything. But that used to never be a problem. I wasnít wearing smelly, torn clothing. I did not look like a dirt bag. I was not inebriated to the point that I was obnoxious. I didnít look any where out of the norm. Whatís up with this?

This has been my experience as well. Most recently was at the tiki disney day last summer.

Aside from the people that I am personally friends with here, I have encountered the same behavior in people at certain events: Too many are too cool for school. Look at the last post Heath just made about me. A total, unprovoked asshole attack from someone I have never even met, and someone that I have never done anything bad to. Now imagine a whole room full of them. Imagine hating someone just for their opinions....go against the herd mentality, and that is exactly what happens. Not a cool hipster? Then you are also ostracized. I personally am sick of it.
I post for the fun of it, just like 90% of the people here do. Sometimes by posts are about things others don't agree with...so? Who cares? I see things here and every where else that I don't agree with...yet I would NEVER want to shut people up just because they don't like something I do like.

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation