FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Latest bone, pearl shell and ivory carvings
Latest bone, pearl shell and ivory carvings
Louiethefish
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-20 11:00 am   Permalink

I havent posted anything in a long while, but I have been carving almost daily, with a bit of fly fishing squeezed in! Here are some carving I did recently. I have a customer in Miami who loves to collect my work, in bone , ivory and pearl shell, and most of this went to him.
My website still doesnt have any custom work page up yet....thats what happens when you get stuff for free!! But I am now on Facebook thanks to my wife (She reckoned I needed a new face!) listed as Louiethefish DeNolfo, and there are a lot of pictures there in my albums.
I hope this inspires a few bone carvers out there. I will be in Winnemucca Nevada from May 8 till 18 , teaching bone carving to 250 5th graders at French Ford Middle School! Pandemonium!
Tightlines, Louie the Fish

!

View Profile of Louiethefish Send a personal message to Louiethefish  Goto the website of Louiethefish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-20 11:55 am   Permalink

hi Louie, love you youtube videos, nice stuff!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-20 5:04 pm   Permalink

Very Nice! and they look sharp.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-20 9:14 pm   Permalink

No word comes out of my keyboard
completely charmed by your work!

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-20 10:45 pm   Permalink

Very high class work, Louie.

The finishes on these pieces are gorgeous.

Like a white mirror.

I really love your fish... the Queen Angel, the Tang and I think that's a Dolphin Fish... hell, they're all beautiful!

Mahalo for sharing!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-21 06:20 am   Permalink

beautiful work louie. looks like i could just go hand lining with those hooks, and i'm sure i could but damn they're just too pretty to put to use in that way.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
annamarikitiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-21 08:19 am   Permalink

Im diggin' those fishhooks!

Justin Kingsley Noyes
-Teak it up-

View Profile of annamarikitiki Send a personal message to annamarikitiki  Goto the website of annamarikitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-21 08:50 am   Permalink

Why don't you skip the Nevada trip and come teach me!!! HA
I'd love to see someone show me the braiding and attaching to the bone. It looks perfect!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Louiethefish
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-21 10:31 am   Permalink

To all those interested in bone carving and how to do the lashing, I suggest you buy Stephen Myhre's book Bone Carving, available at Amazon. He's a friend and fellow carver from New Zealand, and does fantastic work. Also check out the incredible carving by New Zealand's Master carver Owen Mapp, and the jewelry by his wife, at www.art-jewelry.com
Or come to Nevada and watch while I try to teach 250 5th graders in a week!!
Alohas, Louie
www.louiethefish.com
More pics on Facebook at Louiethefish DeNolfo or louiethefish@yahoo.com

View Profile of Louiethefish Send a personal message to Louiethefish  Goto the website of Louiethefish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Irishcarver
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-17 1:21 pm   Permalink

Hey Louie,

Your work is awesome. I've looked everywhere for the extended version of that video on youtube, the one that shows the lashing technique. Is there a reason its not on the net anymore. Its really hard to find a good tutorial about the lashing itself.(even with the steven myhre book). If you could help it would be much appreciated!

Slainte,

Damien

View Profile of Irishcarver Send a personal message to Irishcarver  Email Irishcarver Goto the website of Irishcarver     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation