FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Wild and Not So Wild World
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Wild and Not So Wild World
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-12 02:04 am   Permalink

A two member Raccoon assault team again
attempted a raid on my compound, but this time I was ready to shoot
......some photos, one of them hissed at me (First time that happened)
so I just hissed right back, one stayed hidden, but this one was caught
in the open, They seem to have their own night vision eyes goggles....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-15 2:54 pm   Permalink

While i was working on the hut today, he just casually strolled thru the backyard...

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-15 3:26 pm   Permalink

Holy Schnikey!!! Hope he stays out of the rum!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-15 5:07 pm   Permalink

Well, if'n my cousin there were raised properly, he won't imbibe 'less he were invited, that jes' be good manners. Course, if'n he were invited, then it's highly likely you'll be restocking soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d74DGKdIw5M

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-03 05:45 am   Permalink

Came across this guy while doing some work on my trail. Leopard Spider about 2" - it was gorgeous.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-03 05:52 am   Permalink

"Gorgeous" is not a word most people would use to describe a spider

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-08 1:16 pm   Permalink

I have some accent lights on my Tiki deck which attract bugs, the bugs attract spiders. Got lots of Western Spotted Orb Weavers this year. This one is pretty close to an inch long, fat and juicy from lots of bugs (crappy cell phone pic)

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-18 07:38 am   Permalink

I'll start with prefacing that I live on the edge of a large swamp. In that swamp are large amounts of grass and water - bugs are everywhere. And since there are so many bugs, of course there are predators as well. It is the rainy season which means its peak season for bugs and their enemies. Here are some recent photos.

First is of the toad - this thing is huge - as big as your hand. He was hanging around my front door. He lives in the bushes in my front yard. I see him often.

Next are a variety of spiders. Help identifying these would be appreciated.

Golden Silk - Easily 6"

Maybe 2" long

Found this one while cutting some bushes. Maybe 1" wide body and fuzzy

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-18 11:45 am   Permalink

Damn Tom, those are some ugly-ass spiders!

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-18 12:17 pm   Permalink

I welcome the spiders. The mosquitos here are huge and could probably fly off with a small child. Anything that eats or kills mosquitos are beautiful in my book. The most annoying spiders are the Crab Spiders - they love to stretch their webs across any open area. You'll be walking along and WHAM spider right in the face! They are small enough that you don't see them till its too late. Fortunately they are not aggressive or poisonous. The toad is a good sign - that means there aren't any big snakes in the area. Some crazy kids lick these toads to catch a buzz - not me!! The curly-tailed lizards are the other nuisance critter that I tolerate because they eat bugs - they are everywhere in my yard!!

[ This Message was edited by: AlohaStation 2013-09-18 12:19 ]

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-18 3:15 pm   Permalink

"The mosquitos here are huge and could probably fly off with a small child"

That's for sure. I spent a few days in Miami prior to a Caribbean cruise a few years back. I left the hotel window open to get some fresh air and went to sleep. When I woke up there were the 2 HUGE mosquitoes sitting at the foot of my bed. The first one said "Do you want to eat him here or drag him back to the swamp?" The socond one replied "Let's eat him here. If we take him back to the swamp, the bigger ones will take him away from us!"

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2013-09-18 15:15 ]

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-18 4:09 pm   Permalink

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-08 12:33 pm   Permalink

I had a run in with a wasp this weekend. I was messing around a bush and all of the sudden, out of the corner of my eye, I see a wasp heading straight at me. Normally, wasps don't attack - but this guy had other plans. He came at me stinger first and landed a blow on my cheek. Hurt like hell and progressed to my jaw. After the swelling went down I now have a small hole in cheek where the stinger got me. I just feel blessed that it was not one of the Chinese Killer Wasps.
http://butterflies.heuristron.net/pictures/wasps/DSC06088.JPG

I exacted sweet revenge when I went back a smashed their nest!

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-17 1:34 pm   Permalink

A run-in with more wildlife. I saw this guy at a local park. Its about 6-8'

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-27 06:54 am   Permalink

This vicious animal visits my urban jungle every day almost without fail. She is one of many but she will literally run down from the tree when I step outside with a handful of treats.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation