FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Wild and Not So Wild World
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Wild and Not So Wild World
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-23 07:52 am   Permalink

You saw those 3 eaglets being concieved!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-27 12:33 pm   Permalink

Florida Hog Hunting

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-01 09:42 am   Permalink

Not far from the truth!!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/plantation/fl-wild-hogs-plantation-20100225,0,2347856.story

[ This Message was edited by: AlohaStation 2010-03-01 09:43 ]

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-08 09:48 am   Permalink

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/palm-beach/fl-python-season-begin-20100308,0,3549379.story

Think iguanas are bad - imagine finding one of these in your yard (and not finding your dog)!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-08 3:21 pm   Permalink

Does GMan know about this?

Isn't he the gator hunter?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-22 08:21 am   Permalink

Alligator lizard. Catch and release in Oceanside. About 8 inches long with tail.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-22 09:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-08 09:48, AlohaStation wrote:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/palm-beach/fl-python-season-begin-20100308,0,3549379.story

Think iguanas are bad - imagine finding one of these in your yard (and not finding your dog)!

Ya, it's sad that this has to be done but we're the ones that screwed it up.
I was hoping the alligators could handle the problem, but not from that photo I/we saw of the one python that semi-consumed that six footer and exploded.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
talo ka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-22 11:09 am   Permalink

well...at least that python is gone. "everything happens for the best and the best of all possible worlds"..voltaire.

View Profile of talo ka Send a personal message to talo ka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-02 09:30 am   Permalink

Took my girls to a place called "Shark Valley" this week. No sharks but plenty of other predators (not the human kind).

They were a little anxious about the picture and quickly ran away after the "click". The alligator could not have cared less! Shark Valley is a 15 mile bike path that dips into the heart of Everglades National Park. Critters are everywhere - gators, fish, turtles, snakes, and birds - everywhere!! The alligators literally lie on the bike path to get warm. Not bad till you see one that's 10'+, like this guy...

Shark Valley is now at the top of my list of "Must See in South FL"! They have a tram (for the lazy) and bike rentals for the more adventurous.

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-02 9:26 pm   Permalink

Oh man, they must trust you big time to do that. What if it took off after them? Are you crazy?

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-04 4:53 pm   Permalink

My wife saw that picture and almost ripped my head off! The girls were in no immediate danger and had more than 10' between them and the gator. We were walking along another path and noticed a gator within inches of me - hissing and pissed off - we quickly got away from it. This place is not for the meek - gators are everywhere - my girls counted 133 gators along the 15 mile path. I almost ran over a snake that shot out of the grass (not a python). The girls were having fun with the Butterflies and Beatles that were following us on the bikes and buzzing around our heads. Great fun, but you have to be alert because all the animals are WILD.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-31 11:27 am   Permalink

We were eating dinner on the Lanai last evening about 6:00 (still broad daylight) when a coyote showed up about 30 feet away. He didn't seem too afraid of me when I went out to chase him off. We have coyotes around but don't usually see them in the daytime. Hope he doesn't have rabies or something, if he shows up again I'm afraid he'll probably die of lead poisoning.

Naneki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-15 12:36 pm   Permalink

Here's a recent visitor enjoying my tiki bar.

I bent over to straighten the cover and ended up 12 inches from this.

Now I try to make a lot of noise as I go outside.

View Profile of Naneki Send a personal message to Naneki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-26 7:45 pm   Permalink

I went out this evening to use my ladder and some crazy dove had built her nest in it.

So I had to improvise

On a not-so-cuddly note, some thing (gopher? rabbits?) gnawed my little fig tree off at the ground! It had figs on it - SOMETHING IS GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2010-06-26 20:00 ]

talo ka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-28 4:07 pm   Permalink

beavers i say. evil beavers.

View Profile of talo ka Send a personal message to talo ka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation