FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Wild and Not So Wild World
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Wild and Not So Wild World
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-28 6:39 pm   Permalink

Kill the WABBITS

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
talo ka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-30 05:43 am   Permalink

nice. still like the flight of the valkaries version from the toon.

View Profile of talo ka Send a personal message to talo ka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-13 10:10 pm   Permalink

So I'm checkin out this sign above a beach and I hear this incessant chirping/squeeking. I look but see no birds in the bushes. It almost sounds like a stress call. Constant squeeking, I listen, then step towards the sound, look in the 3 inch tall cut field grass, it stops, then starts up again. Finally I see a mouse being dragged. Then I see a garter snake coiled. First time I've ever seen anything like that in the wild. No terrarium, no aquarium, no sanitarium, no TV, jus real live action. Pretty cool.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-26 6:34 pm   Permalink

Rotting dead fish pic below, avert your eyes if you're squimish

Followed my nose to this trophy in the little canal near my house this morning. About 2 1/2 feet long, probably weighted 20+ lbs. Would have been a formible opponent for a fisherman when he was alive. I don't fish or even really eat it but it seems like a waste for him to have died here

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
talo ka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-26 8:02 pm   Permalink

mmmmmmm mmmmm start the grillo.

View Profile of talo ka Send a personal message to talo ka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-26 8:40 pm   Permalink

Just watched some show about this man in England who scrapes up roadkill, takes it home, boils it, eats it. smack smack mmmph

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
talo ka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-26 9:35 pm   Permalink

ever been to the rural deep south????? nothing finer than roadkill possum pie.

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-26 10:27 pm   Permalink

Just add salt

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-27 3:59 pm   Permalink

I guess I should have posted this in What Did You "Make" for Dinner

talo ka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-30 08:44 am   Permalink

attack of the killer bumble bees part 2,

i was mowing the back yard just now and getting close to my honeysucle vine that i was stung while messing with it paying attention for bees enjoyiing the flowers, when about 6 of these killer bumble bees attacked. 1 of those little fuggers got me between the eyes. 2 more hit my legs. bastids. normally i leave beneficial things be with a live and let live policy, but now it was war. i found they were nesting under my sheds eves and i took my bee bopper spray to them. genocide style. my forhead looks like i growing an aux. brain. bastids. dead bees everywhere as a moot testiment to others who who invade and attack me. did i say bastids????

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-30 6:34 pm   Permalink

talo ka, you look like the gold fish with the brains on da outside? Pics please.

talo ka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-31 07:48 am   Permalink

lmao. i did kinda resembles that. swelling all gone. used vinegar and baking soda paste and then ice. all better. if i had not been wearing safety glasses while mowing that little bastid would have got my eyelid or eye.

tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-07 02:59 am   Permalink

This happened last week. It started with our dog Tux barking every morning for a few days. Then a couple of days later I realized I left something on the pool deck and I needed to have it for work that day. It was day light and I'm up on the deck (33" round) and all the way to the other side when I noticed something moving out of the corner of my eye. I turn back only to see this huge raccoon underneath one of the tables hissing at me! I don't know who was more scared? So I pick up the long pool pole just in case, because it's day time and Racoon's out in the day time is usually not a good sign. So I'm thinking to myself, rabies?? So I back off the deck, run in the house and tell my husband and I leave for work. He calls me about an hour later only to tell me he called the police, the officer comes over gets on the deck and notices the raccoon's back is hurt and hes walking funny. So they get him off the deck and around to the back side of the pool. The office then pulls his gun and shoots the raccoon twice and kills it. Leaves it there for us to dispose of and leaves. No test for rabies? I'm thinking not rabies but more like somehow my dog got a hold of it and snaps it a few times breaking or hurting its back. Tux couldn't get to the deck because she wears a collar for the underground fencing otherwise she probably would have killed it herself and the raccoon just went there for safety.. Either way, I was sad for the raccoon. My husband takes it and dumps it way back on the property in the woods. Now I'm worried that if it was rabid what else would find it in the woods and become infected. Then I'm in the yard back by the shed near the pool and I step on something that makes me jump up in pain, only to find that what I stepped on was one of the god damn shell casings. Damn raccoon is still haunting me..

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-07 08:58 am   Permalink

You're spooked.

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-31 11:51 am   Permalink

Most people know that Florida is a hot spot for invasive species. The iguanas have disappeared since last winter, when many froze to death. Now its time to focus on a a smaller but much more intrusive pest. The Bahamian Curly Tail lizards! These things are spreading like crazy (I have no less than 10 living around my small house). They like flat, rocky areas where they can bask in the sun and easily hide - paver patios are perfect. They are FAST and fearless!

Here's an example: I was carving and a small one was getting a little close, so I would throw wood chips toward it to scare it off. I never threw them very hard and the lizard just watched as the projectiles landed around it. So, I started getting pissed because this lizard was way to brave! Calmly I picked up an extra paver and threw it right at the lizard - it stood calmly and watched as the brick came flying at it and at the last second it did a little side step and avoided getting hit. It continued to mock me! So I threw another - with the same result. Both bricks were on target and moving with extreme velocity. The lizard was not impressed and easily avoided them. After that I gave up and went back to carving. The lizard continues to mock me every time I go into his territory!

A friend of mine has been trying to domesticate one that lives in his yard. Perhaps he will post some pictures of it. Till then here's a pic. The biggest one around my house in probably 10" long.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation