FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Wild and Not So Wild World
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 )
Wild and Not So Wild World
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-11-26 6:26 pm   Permalink

Great cave adventure Trav. The UP seems like it would be beautiful in the SUMMER. In the winter it would make a pretty postcard My sister-in-law lives in Rudyard, I need to go up there one of these summers

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-04-10 04:36 am   Permalink

The weather here in Michigan has finally started to become more agreeable outside. My wife and I have been taking some long day hikes during the past few weekends. We are trying to get ourselves ready for a trip to Isle Royale National Park up in Lake Superior this summer. Things are starting to come back to life after this past winter. The hummingbirds are back as well as the Tree Swallows and Sandhill Cranes. On our last hike I spotted these Skunk Cabbage plants sprouting up near a small trout stream. They are among the first spring plants to emerge and are about five inches tall. These plants have a decidedly alien look to them and are cool to see in the wild. Seeing the change of seasons always softens the blow of a hard winter.

We also saw this huge tree felled in a recent storm. The part of the trunk left standing was about fifteen feet tall and had been splintered by the force of the break. I thought it looked cool so I snapped a pic.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-04-10 06:40 am   Permalink

As a small child at my grandparent's cabin in Northern California I remember them having skunk cabbage but I didn't remember what it looked like or why is was called "skunk"?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-04-11 09:18 am   Permalink

Not sure what is going on here..

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-04-11 09:22 am   Permalink

Found this Camel Cricket inside today. I think it's an Algodones Sand Treader Cricket

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation