FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Puttiki! South East Coast Art Show (UK)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Puttiki! South East Coast Art Show (UK)
Los Furias Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-22 11:02 pm   Permalink

I am currently involved in putting together a small art show to be held in a tiny but promising Tiki bar in Hastings... Hopefully with some fine Tiki Mini Golf involved!

Anyone who fancies getting their work shown is welcome to respond and we will consider any medium (but floor space is very limited, pieces that hang are a better idea).

Get in touch if you can and want to exhibit some work around the end of the summer and fancy a trip down to the seaside.

sam@losfuriastiki.com for more information.

View Profile of Los Furias Tiki Send a personal message to Los Furias Tiki  Goto the website of Los Furias Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-04-23 07:24 am   Permalink

Hastings! Home of the World Crazy Golf Championships!

Sounds great. I don't make anything, but I might buy

Please keep TC up to date with details.
Thanks!

The Stevenson Wedding Mug by Cheekytiki, 2006

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Los Furias Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-23 08:32 am   Permalink

Will do... We don't have too much money to put on a massive event but it will hopefully be the beginnings of something regular.

Any support is welcome, so thanks!

View Profile of Los Furias Tiki Send a personal message to Los Furias Tiki  Goto the website of Los Furias Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Boo Tiki

Posted: 2009-04-25 09:15 am   Permalink

Well,

We're already getting submissions from artist so it should be a pretty good show, the bar is real cute and stocks a solid ranges of rums too!

Step by to myspace.com/boo_tiki to be kept fully up to speed, show some love or do some guerilla promoting and slip us in you top friends!

Any artist's interesting in exhibition either e-mail Sam at the above address or
info@bootiki.net

We'll be in touch with any new news

The Boo Tiki

View Profile of Boo Tiki Send a personal message to Boo Tiki  Email Boo Tiki Goto the website of Boo Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MissyTee

Posted: 2009-05-10 4:18 pm   Permalink

This event sounds awesome. Who's involved? And when?

View Profile of MissyTee Send a personal message to MissyTee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mighty Fine Yak

Posted: 2009-05-23 06:56 am   Permalink

Not been to Hastings for a long time.
We are having a Derek Yaniger show down in Brighton next month
There will be a brunch-type opening on Sunday 28th June between 10am and 12.
Venue is
Castor + Pollux
165 King's Road Arches
Lower Promenade right by the beach.
Also rumour has it that the 20-21 Visual Arts Centre in Scunthorpe that put on the "Pinstripes and Pistons" show a few years back is planing a big tiki show for next year.

View Profile of Mighty Fine Yak Send a personal message to Mighty Fine Yak  Goto the website of Mighty Fine Yak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Los Furias Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-11 02:45 am   Permalink

Just a quick update... The very first Los Furias Tiki mug will be on sale at the event!

http://LosFuriasTiki.deviantart.com/art/Hula-N-Wan-125149214

These are going to be very limited numbers and REAL pretty. The sketch is all you get so far but I'll keep you all posted as it evolves.

Just one more reason to attend...

Boo Tiki

Posted: 2009-07-21 11:24 am   Permalink

More details confirmed, new artist's announced, step on by for awesome art works by the likes of Tiki Racer, Tiki Chris, Los Furias Tiki, Atomic Tony Tiki, Shannaigan and 666 Photography.

See you there!

View Profile of Boo Tiki Send a personal message to Boo Tiki  Email Boo Tiki Goto the website of Boo Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tark
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-23 1:25 pm   Permalink

Yes you sure will - looking forward to it !

View Profile of Trader Tark Send a personal message to Trader Tark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Boo Tiki

Posted: 2009-07-26 01:01 am   Permalink

The exhibition web site is now live, www.bootiki.net. It's a pretty simple site, just hover over details on the poster, click the links and it will take you right on though to the details your after! Information from the artist's, about the bar, how to get there and even places to stay.
Take a peek!

Los Furias Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-26 10:31 am   Permalink

I've seen a few of the pieces coming to the show and I've got to say... It's looking like a good time! I can't wait... See everyone there!

Girls Aluaud
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-27 09:58 am   Permalink

Hey this looks awesome. I should be able to get myself down to the coast for a day of rum and art.
Looking forward to seeing some new artists.

GA x

View Profile of Girls Aluaud Send a personal message to Girls Aluaud      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Los Furias Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-27 1:40 pm   Permalink

And I understand there will be some fine carvings by Trader Tark for everyone to admire...

atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-11 3:56 pm   Permalink

After 3 hours of fighting with train websites I've got my tickets booked, got a bunch of Hold-Fasts winging their way to me, now all I have to do is finish my Hasting painting and I'll be ready.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Los Furias Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-18 01:29 am   Permalink

Only two weeks to go... I can't wait to see everyone's work! See you all there!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation