FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Puttiki! South East Coast Art Show (UK)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Puttiki! South East Coast Art Show (UK)
Boo Tiki

Posted: 2009-08-31 04:05 am   Permalink

Thanks to everyone who has made it out over the last weekend, all the artists for their fantastic work, and most importantly the lovely Hunny Lu Lu's staff for the help with the exhibition and pouring some mighty fine drinks. We look forward to seeing everyone next weekend.

Boo Tiki
Lady K

View Profile of Boo Tiki Send a personal message to Boo Tiki  Email Boo Tiki Goto the website of Boo Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tark
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-31 08:19 am   Permalink

Very Good Very Good !

A credit to Kessie , Emalii, Sam and all involved !!
A great selection of talent in a bar with character.
This will surly get bigger and better in following years.

I swung by on Saturday. Rather a flying visit i'm sorry to say. I had a day in Hastings with my Ma.
I'll be back next weekend and hope to spend longer at the bar.

See you next week

Tark

View Profile of Trader Tark Send a personal message to Trader Tark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-31 09:15 am   Permalink

Glad you posted the pics of your tikis Trader Tark as I was not able to get a good pic on the Friday. They are very cool indeed! Sorry we didn't get to hook up but get in touch when you get a moment.

Take care - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blue.octopus
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-09-01 07:52 am   Permalink

I just wanted to say we enjoyed the day out in Hastings. It was good to see a few Tiki folk and Saturday was also great weather for a spell on the beach. I look forward to an even bigger event next time.

Very nice to see the photos on here already - good work.

Andrew

View Profile of blue.octopus Send a personal message to blue.octopus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-01 11:59 am   Permalink

Now that I have recovered from a weekend of rum and tiki, although this morning I drank some water and still tasted rum, I thought I should post some snaps of Hastings.

No English seaside town is complete without a pier, sadly the Hastings pier is shut, what a waste.

The net sheds down by the beach, full of tasty fresh seafood.

There are a couple of nice museums in Hastings and the exciting smugglers caves experience to entertain yourself outside of mini-golf and tiki artshows.

A lovely exhibit on "Biddy Champion tubman of Europe".

A suit covered in silver painted winkle shells.

A nice port lamp, Hastings has many fine antique stores so if you fancy a real one, go a wander up the old town and buy a real one.

..and finally some nice bits brought back by sailors, although I doubt many people would want a stuffed albatross for their bar, perhaps just on a stick.

Thanks to Kessie and Sam for being such wonderful hosts, the staff of Honey Lu Lus for letting us hang out and display our art and Shannon for coming all the way America and being such great company all weekend.

Its only a pity I can't go again next weekend and continue the fun.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Los Furias Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-02 12:56 am   Permalink

Ahh... The many, subtle charms of Hastings...

It was really good to meet you Atomic Tony, it's just a shame that you're whisking yourself away to distant lands for so long. However, I know the lure of a quality stuffed marine creature will be enough to bring you back next year...

View Profile of Los Furias Tiki Send a personal message to Los Furias Tiki  Goto the website of Los Furias Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-09-03 10:46 am   Permalink

Down to visit the show Saturday with Mr & Mrs kon-hemsby and and again on Sunday with Mr & Mrs tikiwagon.

Who else will be about for a drink?

The Stevenson Wedding Mug by Cheekytiki, 2006

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-03 10:57 am   Permalink

An interesting town, Hastings

So bummed out to see the amusement pier is closed. Reminds me of Pacific Ocean Park (POP) pier in Santa Monica before the fires.

Thanks for posting the pics. Learn something new everyday.

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Boo Tiki

Posted: 2009-09-03 11:40 am   Permalink

We up and back tomorrow from 1 until for 3 more day's of cocktails, art and hopefully no more rain!

See you there!

View Profile of Boo Tiki Send a personal message to Boo Tiki  Email Boo Tiki Goto the website of Boo Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Los Furias Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-03 11:20 pm   Permalink

Would love to be there again but, alas, I have to work...

Hope you all have a great time though (and a Zombie or two for me).

View Profile of Los Furias Tiki Send a personal message to Los Furias Tiki  Goto the website of Los Furias Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tark
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-03 11:56 pm   Permalink

I plan to be around for Sunday afternoon. See you then!
Tark

View Profile of Trader Tark Send a personal message to Trader Tark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-04 05:18 am   Permalink

Yippee, 4 hours until we head to Hastings.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-04 07:42 am   Permalink

I'll be heading off, pointing the "land canoe" south east, tomorrow early.

See you by the sea...

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tark
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-04 08:29 am   Permalink

I plan to be around for Sunday afternoon. See you then!
Tark

atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-06 09:18 am   Permalink

More pictures please, lets see what fun and games this weekend.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation