FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Puttiki! South East Coast Art Show (UK)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Puttiki! South East Coast Art Show (UK)
shannanigan

Posted: 2009-09-06 10:50 am   Permalink

Yeah what AtomicTony said... wish I could have stayed longer and been there this weekend too. But alas I had to get back to the smoke and smog of LA. LOL!

Thanks for the write-up Jim! I had a great time hanging out with everyone and drinking too much Rum! Sadly I never got my Crab Bucket, but it gives me a goal for next year!

View Profile of shannanigan Send a personal message to shannanigan  Goto the website of shannanigan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIWAGON
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-06 12:32 pm   Permalink

We just got back from a great afternoon trip to the bar and show,even though i had to drive the virgin drinks were fab,I hope this will happen again next year,Shame we missed a few of you on saturday night as we had a very drunken wedding to attend (shame the bar there had no cocktails though!)Then on our long journey home the car decided to spring a fuel leak just outside of town but it was soon fixed though it just made us home a lot later than we thought,Thanks to Liz and Chris and Simon and Nena for the company and to the organizers of the art show, shame we couldnt stay longer

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-06 12:40 pm   Permalink

Sounds like a good time has been had by all over the last fortnight!! I'm looking forward to some picture posts too. Sorry the timing was a bit off and we couldn't all be there at the same time, but...next year...we'll make it one hell of a HastingsTikiHootenanny! Dave you sound like you enjoyed the local virgins as much as Sian did?!! I also hear that Tiki Racer played around down there...can that be right? I don't believe it!!!!

Take care - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Los Furias Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-07 03:48 am   Permalink

Just a final thanks to everyone who came down... It was a really good time. The mug for this years event will be on its way soon and I'll let you all know when it arrives and you can get in touch if you fancy a souvenir from the sea side.

See you all next year for the first annual Puttiki Mini Golf Championship and another showing of art!

View Profile of Los Furias Tiki Send a personal message to Los Furias Tiki  Goto the website of Los Furias Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-07 05:49 am   Permalink

Thanks to everyone. We had a blast, great tiki art, great cocktails in the bar, impressive game of crazy golf, some amazing plants growing on the sea front, crazy campsite and some brilliant Navy Grogs (thanks Liz) and an amazing fish BBQ (cheers Chris).
And FANTASTIC company.

Mahalo

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-09-07 09:42 am   Permalink

Err... what he/she said!

A wonderful trip to Hastings.

Agave americana - on the sea front

The World's first public demonstration of Television was made here, in Queen's Avenue - a Victorian arcade - in 1924.

Camp Tiki

'Virgin Dave' aka hotrodtiki

Hunny Lu Lu's Bar

Tiki Racer hits a hole in one!

Crazy golf's blue fountain!

The Stevenson Wedding Mug by Cheekytiki, 2006

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-07 1:02 pm   Permalink

So the rumours were right! You did play a round (sorry about the confusing typo in the previous post)...I don't believe it!!! Nearly as much as I don't believe those trousers!!! What's with the loud colours and patterns? When did tiki ever have loud colours and pat...oh yeah, Dave's shirts, my mistake. Forget I even posted. Love the pictures guys, thanks! Oh yeah, that reminds me TR, can I have my alice Cooper LP and Jimmy Tarbuck videos back? Mahalo!

Take care - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-08 04:53 am   Permalink

Does anyone know the name of the B&W photo behind the bar, with the tiki kneeling over the woman? Looks 40's -ish.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo

Posted: 2009-09-08 11:36 am   Permalink

I thought it might have been Clara Bow and said so to Nina at the time...

I went hunting and found this fab web site
http://www.southseascinema.org but no proof that it is Clara.

The Stevenson Wedding Mug by Cheekytiki, 2006

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Boo Tiki

Posted: 2009-09-08 12:44 pm   Permalink

Thanks once again to everyone who attended, the fantastic work of Hunny Lu Lu's, Emmali, Jo and V. The sponsors and of course all of the artists and the good folks who bought art.

There wil be a mug, which should be available at the bar, to celebrate the bar and the show. Once we have confirmation of it's release date we'll up date this and maybe even drop those on the mailing list an e-mail for first dibs, so keep 'em peeled.

Plans for next year are already being banded about so keep your eyes here, and where ever else you might have found us (myspace, website and facebook).

We'd be very keen to add some more pictures to our gallery for this year, so if you have any you'd be happy to share pass them over to
info@bootiki.net

Boo Tiki
(Lady K)

View Profile of Boo Tiki Send a personal message to Boo Tiki  Email Boo Tiki Goto the website of Boo Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Los Furias Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-08 12:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-08 04:53, Kon-Hemsby wrote:
Does anyone know the name of the B&W photo behind the bar, with the tiki kneeling over the woman? Looks 40's -ish.

The photograph is by Man Ray... He did a lot of really nice pieces with Tiki and Tribal carvings.

Try this site:

http://www.manray-photo.com/catalog/index.php

Hope that helps.

View Profile of Los Furias Tiki Send a personal message to Los Furias Tiki  Goto the website of Los Furias Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo

Posted: 2009-09-08 2:43 pm   Permalink

Tiki Modern page 30...

Los Furias Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-08 3:04 pm   Permalink

If only I'd looked...

Instead, I had to consult the scarily expansive art brain of Los Furias Snr... Now I owe him a Zombie.

[ This Message was edited by: Los Furias Tiki 2009-09-08 15:08 ]

Trader Tark
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-09 04:24 am   Permalink

Good show !
I popped in both weekends but sadly seemd to miss people altogether or arrive as others were leaving (I wont take it personally )
I am a big fan of Hastings as i was born there ( St Leonards actually) I have been known to describe it as the Havanna of the south coast of England - I mean that most fondly.
The Large plants on the sea front caught my eye too. i guess they must be flowering? as i'm sure i would have noticed them before. Thanks to Liz for the identification !
Sorry I did'nt take as many photos as i intended.

West Hill Cafe :

Sea Gull :

Our Lovely Hosts & and Phil ( Brighton Rumble)

Colourfull Underground car park :

Thanks for all the compliments on my carves.

See You all next Time

Tark

[ This Message was edited by: Trader Tark 2009-09-09 04:56 ]

View Profile of Trader Tark Send a personal message to Trader Tark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo

Posted: 2009-09-10 2:18 pm   Permalink

That is one mean seagull, Tark!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation