FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Locating Tiki » » Outrigger Inn, St. Petersburg, FL (hotel)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Outrigger Inn, St. Petersburg, FL (hotel)
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-08 5:06 pm   Permalink

Just got this nice brochure from the Outrigger Inn in St. Petersburg.

The cover has a lovely night shot of the ships wheel sign and the thatched A-frame port-cochere entrance.

The inside of the brochure has some great photos.

The dinning room which included both the Tiki Room and the South Seas Room.

The Shell Lounge and Bar with an amazing giant clam shell canopy. You can see a color shot of the Brinkman mural in the back of the bar.

And that Tiki I posted a photo of previously.

The pool area...

but wait, what is that cocktail waitress serving??

Tiki drinks in Tiki Mugs!! Anybody recognize the mug up front? Crypto?

There was also an Aztec Room for banquets, maybe that is the place that turned into the Inferno Room?

The back of the brochure with a beach scene shot from the water.

Love that description, makes you want to go - now!

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-08 6:03 pm   Permalink

I just love how everyone is so dressed up in the Shell Bar. Thank you Dusty, great pictures,

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-09 06:58 am   Permalink

Awesome brochure DC....love the night shot outside. Thanks for posting it. This press photo is on the Bay right now. The Tiki is on the left of column. OGR

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-07 4:37 pm   Permalink

I am currently talking to the people at the Magnusson (which is on the site of the old Outrigger) about doing a tiki by the pool area...

I like bringing tikis back to places that once had them.

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-07 5:04 pm   Permalink

and here's a pic of one of the old outriggers from the old days that somehow has remained in one of the pavillions...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTomD
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-08 12:37 pm   Permalink

Really nice thread, everyone!

Here’s an Outrigger Inn ad from the April 27, 1962 Official St. Petersburg Weekly Guide

Earlier in this thread, Mo-Eye posted a newspaper clipping of Nani Maka in a Captain’s Chair, cited as appearing in a preview performance for news representatives at the Outrigger Inn. Nani Maka and Prince Faalia (Barney Lee) subsequently performed together there on a club date in April of 1962, while both were on vacation from their regular jobs as performers at the Yankee Clipper Polynesian Room in Fort Lauderdale. That same photo of Nani was on the front page of the St. Petersburg weekly entertainment guide…

Here is the accompanying write-up…

From Nani’s personal memorabilia is this boating photo of her and Faalia while they were in the St. Petersburg area doing this club date…

-Tom

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-18 11:15 am   Permalink

are there any additional pictures anyone has that shows some of the actual tikis that were there?

just wondeering...

pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-18 06:24 am   Permalink

ok, well the mgr actually called me back, and he's presenting the idea of doing a tiki there to the owners... so hopefully that flies..

I like it when I am able to bring tikis back to places that once had them...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation