Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving New Tiki's out of Tampa
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
New Tiki's out of Tampa
waiipo

Posted: 2009-06-13 5:34 pm   Permalink

This was a tree stump a buddy of mine had in his front yard, he was going have it removed, I told him to hold off on that for a bit, it was a dead Camphor tree he had cut down in his front yard. It went in two directions right about wher the top of the horse head is. His daughter loves horses, so I turned it into a horse head. it looks funny, but from what it used to look like, it transformed into a horse's head. We did this in 3 hours, so not the best I could have done. We let his daughter stain it so she could be involved in the making of it. hi-ho silver ! enjoy pics...

View Profile of waiipo Send a personal message to waiipo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PutiTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-20 8:55 pm   Permalink

Very nice work on the surfing tiki. I plan to do one with a board myself some day. Is the board carved into the piece or seperate? Also - any advice on the hibiscus flowers? I plan to incorporate similiar flowers into a piece for a friend but I've never tried anything so detailed. I'm afraid the wood will split if I don't carve with the grain.

View Profile of PutiTiki Send a personal message to PutiTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation