FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tiki Events in the northeast?
Tiki Events in the northeast?
LocoMoto

Posted: 2003-04-02 7:27 pm   Permalink

Have there ever been or will there ever be?

View Profile of LocoMoto Send a personal message to LocoMoto      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-04-03 09:01 am   Permalink

The avalanche of replies is your answer...

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-03 09:42 am   Permalink

haha
northeast is kinda big. where-abouts do you live? nyc has tiki bar crawls here and there. got any ideas for starting something up?

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LocoMoto

Posted: 2003-04-03 2:28 pm   Permalink

I'm in NH.
I went down to check out King Tiki in Portsmouth and agree with many that it's really cool, but for whatever reason they are not atracting the right crowd. It just seems like the perfect Tiki hang out.

View Profile of LocoMoto Send a personal message to LocoMoto      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-04 08:49 am   Permalink

wow. we are a distance away from ecah other, but if you ever make it down to NY-NJ, give me a shout!

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-04 10:52 am   Permalink

A while back the East coast TCers were discussing a weekend at the Tiki Motor Inn at Lake George, which apparently still has Hawaiian dancers in the summer season, but somebody has to take the rudder in the hand to organize it.
Maybe not on the scale of Oasis/Hukilau/Chicago, but just as a TC get together?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-04 11:31 am   Permalink

That's a great suggestion. I checked out Tiki Resort last summer, and it was a fabalous show. I'm willing to make a gathering for Labor Day in Lake George. But it's really just too early for me to plan anything. My summer is full of tiki with Memorial Day in Hawaii, 4th of July in Wildwood--anybody wanna meet up then?, and then Hukilau. I need to finalize my plans for those first. But let's keep this in mind, and not forget about it.
But more the merrier.

[ This Message was edited by: manic cat on 2003-04-04 11:36 ]

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation