FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki The new Incredibly Strange Bob Crane painting....
The new Incredibly Strange Bob Crane painting....
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-30 10:31 pm   Permalink

In keeping with my tradition of painting old dead guys, here's a new commission painting.... This guy is really dead. Thanks for looking!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-07 10:13 pm   Permalink

... and in a tiki tie-in (well, maybe stretching a little), I was in Waikiki when Bob Crane was murdered. I was walking back from a below-the-street pizza place called Red Lion (on Kuhio?), and the headline caught my eye, on a paper in a newspaper box. I remember feeling very depressed about it. Crane seemed like such a nice, "regular" guy, when I saw him in interviews - he'd been on the dinner theater circuit. Who'd want to kill him? Especially since the murder was so brutal. It wasn't till later that the rather unpleasant, seamy facts of his private life were revealed. Then the murder didn't seem so incredible, anymore.

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-08 12:20 am   Permalink

Yeah, I have to say, I was 10 when he was killed, and I had seen him in "Superdad" and "Gus" - 2 Disney movies. I felt the same way. I guess it's that good old PeeWee Herman Syndrome - a seamy side to an otherwise family-oriented personality.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation