FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » What is your personal cocktail fave at Trader Vic's Downtown L.A.?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
What is your personal cocktail fave at Trader Vic's Downtown L.A.?
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-10-02 2:44 pm   Permalink

Shoot, I had to look up "bandy" in the dictionary. No longer a common word I guess. Perhaps it should read "bandy about their drinking". I agree, "bandy their drinking" isn't right.

Quote:
1 : to bat (as a tennis ball) to and fro
2 a : to toss from side to side or pass about from one to another often in a careless or inappropriate manner b : exchange; especially : to exchange (words) argumentatively c : to discuss lightly or banteringly d : to use in a glib or offhand manner —often used with about <bandy these statistics about with considerable bravado — Richard Pollak>
3 archaic : to band together

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hattorihonzo

Posted: 2009-10-02 6:46 pm   Permalink

Well, I figured I'd chime in since I actually made it out there on a recent family trip to Disneyland. I had two drinks while I was there, the Big Kahuna (because I wanted the mug) and a Pupule (I think that's how it was spelled). The Pupule was good but nothing spectacular. I really liked the Big Kahuna, enough that I've been trying to recreate it, unsuccessfully. I agree that it was a little light and fruity, but I thought it was great. Anybody have the recipe?

View Profile of hattorihonzo Send a personal message to hattorihonzo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-08 09:24 am   Permalink

Popped in last night for a couple of cocktails. The place was DEAD, but for the most part so was all of LA Live.

At least it was a quiet relaxing environment, when I was there last it was like a USC Frat party.

The Mai Tai and Navy Grog were pretty good, not great, but pretty good. A lot of the other drinks all seem to taste the same to me. The burgers were very tasty. Happy Hour is a great deal but it's only during the week and ends at 6pm.

Here's question for you all. Does anyone ever ask them to substitute the TV rum with something else? If so what? Will they even do that?

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2010-03-08 13:30 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation