FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Trader Vic's LA Tiki Central Night (official thread)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Trader Vic's LA Tiki Central Night (official thread)
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-20 6:20 pm   Permalink

also:

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-04 9:23 pm   Permalink

ba bump

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2010-01-05 11:27 am   Permalink

I'm planning on going to Vic's this Thursday at around 8pm.

Yeah, I know it's not TC-Happy Hour-Tuesday, and yeah I know Jay Strongman's not DJ'ing, but I feel the need for my first Vic's Navy Grog of the New Year. Anyone interested in meeting?

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-05 12:22 pm   Permalink

Sounds like a plan Stan!
We will be there a little after 8.

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy

Posted: 2010-01-05 5:37 pm   Permalink

Ugh. change of plans. Something came up on Thursday. I'm going to have to go on Wednesday instead. Can you guys still make it?

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-06 1:14 pm   Permalink

Can't make it today.
Maybe next week, Same Bat time?
Have a Navy Grog or TWO, for us today
SABU!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy

Posted: 2010-01-06 2:55 pm   Permalink

Sounds like a plan. I might do the Trader Vic's ---> Tiki Ti run tonight, just like the bootleggers of old. Then hopefully we can meet up at Vic's next Thursday.

Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-06 7:40 pm   Permalink

Go Sabu! Go!
Make it one for the record books!

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-08 8:48 pm   Permalink

for anybody that's interested,
Sabu said that he still goes on thursdays.
but sadly Jay is not DJing there anymore.

Sabu The Coconut Boy

Posted: 2010-02-08 10:49 pm   Permalink

We're getting a good-sized group together to go next Thursday (2/18). Please join us!

If TV's drinks haven't wiped us out, we'll travel on to Tiki Ti's afterwards.

PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 08:11 am   Permalink

Yep, I'll be there 2/18 too!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 09:17 am   Permalink

I'll try to make it up.

Jeff(btd)

Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-09 11:51 pm   Permalink

Thursday is sounding good. I'll try hard to be there I need some more winter tiki. Come on spring!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-09 11:54 pm   Permalink

8:00? Tim? People?

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy

Posted: 2010-02-17 2:44 pm   Permalink

8:00pm Thursday is a good time as the Lakers/Celtics game starts at 7:30pm and there will be little traffic while everyone's inside the Staples Center.

I've learned not to fear game days. Vic's gets nice and quiet while the game is going on and there is still good $7 Flat Rate parking just a block from the restaurant.

See the map below. I've marked the $7 lot. I usually enter by turning on 8th Pl. off of Figueroa, (8th is the small street just behind (north of) the Pantry). Once parked you can walk one block down Francisco St. (itself just a glorified alley), and you're at Vic's. Don't worry about walking down Francisco St at night - there are guards for the hotels keeping watch stationed there and usually a few folks heading to the Staples Center at the same time to keep you company.

I'll probably try to get there at 7:30pm myself and order some food in the bar area. Look forward to seeing folks there.

Sabu

[ This Message was edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy 2010-02-17 14:47 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation