[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Bone Tiki n stuff
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Bone Tiki n stuff
Rainhawk
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-07 05:14 am   Permalink

Mauri ora

I was lurking the forum for years, saw heaps of cool stuff and figured I better share. Im not sure what to post...i post these now and some other stuff im working on later.

View Profile of Rainhawk Send a personal message to Rainhawk  Goto the website of Rainhawk     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-07 05:45 am   Permalink

Yet new zealand carver killer! You have many things to teach me. Welcome on board man!

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-07 07:06 am   Permalink

Interesting video, welcome to T.C. Please show us more pieces.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rainhawk
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-07 7:13 pm   Permalink

cheers. I made that video cause i was sick of searching for bone carving techniques and there were hardly any good resources. I have the video for all the process but most of the carving is done by chisel, so i edited it down.
Heres some pics i didnt have time to post before: Toka-sand stone

Upoko:

Niho

[ This Message was edited by: Rainhawk 2009-05-17 18:55 ]

View Profile of Rainhawk Send a personal message to Rainhawk  Goto the website of Rainhawk     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rainhawk
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-17 7:14 pm   Permalink

woo that was the welcome i thought i might get 8
Nvrm maybe i blew it by posting here but i thought i would post hoping to share an maybe meet some similar peeps.

Anyway, good luck with the carving :wave:l8a

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-18 03:50 am   Permalink

Greetings Rainhawk, it's Nice to find yet Another Ben posting here on TC, WELCOME! Sorry I had not seen your post until now but Anyway I Love your bone pieces anad your Shop looks Interesting too, ncluding that huge slab of wood. from the bone chunks I see in the background it looks as though you have really been busy and it seems you carve wood as well. Your chisel Must be very sharp to pare the bone as it does.
Thanks Big time for the videos too, they are great for learning and Inspiration. Thanks
"Other" Ben

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-18 2:47 pm   Permalink

Kia ora Rainhawk, you've got some sweet traditional-influenced chops and there is a definitely an appreciative audience here for this style of work. I really enjoyed sitting back and watching that vid last night, even though I had already spent the whole evening carving. Gotta try the chisels on bone myself when I finally get back to it. There are a lot of new threads being posted here all the time and it's very easy for them to slip down the page without many replies, so just be patient and keep posting and the questions and accolades will follow!

[ This Message was edited by: Paipo 2009-05-18 14:47 ]

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-18 5:56 pm   Permalink

Welcome! Awesome to have Maori descent among us!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-18 8:20 pm   Permalink

Yeah Rainhawk, don't leave so easily, I'm sure you Will find many peeps interested in your excellent carves and I'm sure you have Much to show and teach us.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-18 11:59 pm   Permalink

Kia Ora,

And welcome on T.C.
Excellent wood carves. Do you have more pix of your wood stuff to show ?

Your video's reaaly nice.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-21 10:50 am   Permalink

very nice work Rainhawk, keep posting please

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-21 7:09 pm   Permalink

Tena koe Rainhawk. Good to have another Kiwi on board - nice work!

As has been mentioned already, TC members are all different, some posting everyday, others only checking in every few weeks or months. Hang in there (you may find more responce with rakau-whakairo around here too, mostly woodchippers).

video? Am I missing something..?

So, a few Q's for you: where did you learn to carve? wananga trained? Ive recently been sitting at the feet of a great woodcarver and even with that luxury, know how difficult surface decoration is. You seem to have a good handle on it. Im sure you have a lot more to share with us - how about it?

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rainhawk
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-26 4:44 pm   Permalink

Thanks Guys

I love carving wood and stone also but bone is where im at for now. Im in the process of failing my B.A in traditional maori whakairo. Wananga.
I am trained both in wananga and whare maire anyway. Mostly I was inspired by friends who grew up in whakairo carving and stories of how their family carved waka etc. A friend taught me some traditional maori wood whakairo and I taught him Reo. I was also trained how to carve stone/bone by hand.
It takes a life time to learn and i still feel like im at the start. If you have questions ill try to answer. I have alot of questions 2.

I have a edited part of a bone carving video up on you tube. Its on my homepage also... most of the carving was done with a single flat Stanly chisel thats as blunt as hell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0cX4E_a1iA
Hopefully il post some better videos later on

[ This Message was edited by: Rainhawk 2009-05-26 16:49 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Rainhawk 2009-06-06 18:47 ]

TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-26 6:49 pm   Permalink

Nice video, thanks for posting that. I enjoy all of your pieces, but please post more!

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rainhawk
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-06 6:50 pm   Permalink

sweet dude! This is what im working on now. Hope i dont blow it!

(i took it down- goto pg2)

[ This Message was edited by: Rainhawk 2009-07-04 04:01 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation