FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Bone Tiki n stuff
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Bone Tiki n stuff
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-07 05:19 am   Permalink

WOAH, Lookit this, I really hope you don't blow it too as he has Lots of neat details. I Hardly think you will blow it as there is already too much detail that was very tricky and difficult to do. Love the clean, crisp lines and the overall look of this one. I don't think I've seen this piece before, what is the size and the wood?
Thanks for sharing.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-07 08:38 am   Permalink

Love this Face thus far!

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-07 12:36 pm   Permalink

WOW

Please update more often !

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-07 12:48 pm   Permalink

Not sure how I missed this thread till today, lazy I guess.
I like the video, it helped me understand what you bone guys are
doing. Nice work and hope to see a lot more.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rainhawk
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-25 4:15 pm   Permalink

Cheers guys

I have finally nearly finished him. Im not sure of the size Benzart but its only from my wrist to my elbow long. Made from totara. Best wood here except for maybe kauri. Its based on my traditional style. Cant wait to start my next big piece! When i get around to finish more bone carving ill post some pix. yeay friday!

[ This Message was edited by: Rainhawk 2009-07-04 20:52 ]

View Profile of Rainhawk Send a personal message to Rainhawk  Goto the website of Rainhawk     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-25 8:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the tease Rainhawk you Know we'll be dying till you post it, He's Sweet enough to show again though, even

in his unfinished state.
That Totara wood is Beautiful. We have a Podocarpus over here which looks very similar which I've had the pleasure of carving and it is Sweet stuff. Don't keep us hanging too long?

myspace

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart 2009-07-04 04:28 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-25 8:55 pm   Permalink

holy cow! great stuff! i think i was supposed to grow up as a kiwi. oh, well. better luck next time. har!

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rainhawk
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-04 8:51 pm   Permalink

Thanks mang "better luck next time" id be a killer dolphin

At the moment, other than bone/ stone carving in my studio, im also working at uni studing wood carving under a tohunga (master). He helped to teach me to draw up and carve the mask. He would carve parts to school me, I did carve most of it though, but I didnt do it all alone Im confident with the right tools i may even do it again heh Compaired to the other students work though, mines just scratching average

Hes going to exhibit for over a K this week. sweeeeeet
I'll post some more bone carving laterz and some more bone videoz. :rockon:

View Profile of Rainhawk Send a personal message to Rainhawk  Goto the website of Rainhawk     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-05 12:31 pm   Permalink

He doesn't even look like the last pic you were working on. Way Cool looking detail. I'd say your Tohunga will be finished with you pretty soon and he will be nudging you out of the nest.
Nah, You are already flying free.
Thanks for the post and the Pic!

Rainhawk
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-03 3:06 pm   Permalink

Thanks mang
This is my pou/ heke that im working on at the moment
Im pretty stoked with him but the hard part is coming, the surface design. I had fun blocking him out and cleaning him tho, but i really dont want to blow it now.
All the work was done by hand with a chainsaw i mean sand paper i mean chisel.

[ This Message was edited by: Rainhawk 2009-10-24 03:24 ]

TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-03 3:24 pm   Permalink

He's off to a great start! I don't think you have to worry about messing up. You have mad skills!

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-03 4:01 pm   Permalink

Super tight panel there Rainhawk! What type of wood is that? I agree with above comment - your skills are evident, just a matter of taking your time and doing your best at all times eh? Im sure your surface decoration will be just as outstanding. Im still not brave enough to show my first rakau efforts yet but will do soon - dont want to make my teacher look bad & a little worried that the expectations on TC-Maoris might be quite high. Your fine mahi doesnt help my cause at all either..

Kia ora,

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-04 06:45 am   Permalink

Another excellent one Rainhawk. I can see where you hac=ve Lots of fun ahead and your surface prep looks great
T-3, Yes I expect perfection from you for sure, Saw the one you had on Trade me and it was typical Tama perfection

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-04 07:34 am   Permalink

Hey nice work! Love the thickness on these pieces. Keep postin.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rainhawk
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-11 02:36 am   Permalink

Thanks guys
Tama: Dont worry i feel the same way about my work compaired to the bro's in my class, their stuff is amazing! You just cant judge you work by others though. Hes made from native totara, nice red but not a perfect piece cause it has a split or two. Just makes it abit of a challenge to notch. I dig it the most! Im just getting my patterns ready to finish him

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation