FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Cap'n Pharaoh- Severed heads & Serpents from the great abyss! Pg5
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Cap'n Pharaoh- Severed heads & Serpents from the great abyss! Pg5
Cap'n Pharaoh
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-08-24 08:21 am   Permalink

Well I've been really busy the last few weeks and have been working on heaps of stuff, made a trip to hawaii and just finished with the Rose seidler house Fifties fair.but as always haven't really posted many pics ... anyways I thought I'd post a pic of my silly puffer fish lamp

and also a picture of the market Stall me and my wife Tiki Diva(love) had at the fifties fair.

The fifties fair is an annual event that I had the pleasure of working with this year and made several props as their theme was Tiki being a historical society it's fairly conservative and the decor was subtle.... but heres a pic of the sign I made for the event.

It was a great event to be a part of and for me the most important part was having the pleasure to meet several people here in Australia that are true tiki afficianados.
I have posted more pics on my myspace blog.

View Profile of Cap'n Pharaoh Send a personal message to Cap'n Pharaoh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cap'n Pharaoh

Posted: 2009-08-24 08:37 am   Permalink

oh yeah the link
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=7741458&blogId=506994466

View Profile of Cap'n Pharaoh Send a personal message to Cap'n Pharaoh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cap'n Pharaoh

Posted: 2009-10-14 03:04 am   Permalink

Ahoy,...well, I don't know how the weather has been in the northern hemisphere but the weather here in Australia has been crap, we've had wind, dust storms, 90cm of rain,cold and miserable for a good three weeks now. so it's been difficult to get the motivation, let alone inspiration to carve, today I had a slight break in the weather and got out there to finish up my latest log...I still might go back but here is the result thus far.

Introducing the formerly known as log ..."Cap'n cooked makes a rad hat."

It's made out of a recycled pier post(possibly telegraph pole) complete with cracks, Screws and enough inclusions to blunt any chisel.

Too show scale I thought I'd jump in this one

thats all folks.....

As always check out my scurvey blog
with other stuff I'm working on.

http://www.myspace.com/7741458

[ This Message was edited by: Cap'n Pharaoh 2009-10-14 03:10 ]

congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-14 05:12 am   Permalink

Aye Aye Cap'n.
Looks like someone dragged it from the bowels of a pirate ship...
nice work.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-14 06:21 am   Permalink

Hey cap'n! Nice. I really love that. Good work with all the cracks and holes. It really has a lot of character. Nice work! I like your take on the headdress too. Very cool.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cap'n Pharaoh

Posted: 2009-11-03 04:40 am   Permalink

ALoha And AHOY!
I'm really bummed that I missed the artswap this time around....and here I was all set to make a kids menu.... next time.
but at least I've still been making some stuff
Here I call this guy Retreat!

and we all live vicariously through our chldren...so here is the kid's hut I built

If you are interested in checking out more random cap'n Pharaoh and
more importantly some really great handbags,clothing,homewares from my wife Tiki Diva
check out our new temporary website.....

www.tikiart.com.au

GROG

Posted: 2009-11-03 08:35 am   Permalink

MINE!!!!!!!!

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-03 09:14 am   Permalink

liking the tikis, and cool idea for the kids swing set thing.

View Profile of claq50 Send a personal message to claq50      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cap'n Pharaoh

Posted: 2009-11-03 5:53 pm   Permalink

Grog Like? Grog have. Big trade.

1 conch shell
12 clams
2 fish
1 spear
1 adze or chisel

only problem ...hard to drag back to cave.
especially from land down under.

Cap'n Pharaoh

Posted: 2009-11-03 5:56 pm   Permalink

thanks claq glad you like it .....don't know if the hut would pass modern safety standards.But my daughter seems to like it.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-03 7:51 pm   Permalink

Awesome Tikis Cap'n, you should post more pix when you carve'um. Love the extra details and the "Old" looking finishes you create. Really nice stuff.

_________________Oh and that Puffer fish is Hilarious and I guess with all them nails he's as Deflated as he can be?

myspace

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart 2009-11-03 19:55 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cap'n Pharaoh

Posted: 2009-11-03 10:43 pm   Permalink

Thanks ben , I'm glad you enjoy it , that puffer fish is actually a lamp as well.

it's totally stupid(thats why i like it), I actually have always loved Puffer fish.my grandma used to bring them back from vacation in florida. so as I got older I figured I need another puffer fish...I found one on the beach and tried to taxidermy it, it didn't help it had been in the sun a while. I managed to dry it out but was unable to inflate it. It was by far the grossest thing I've ever done.(i'll post pics soon) And to this day when I think about it, it makes me want to vomit. So thats why I figured I'll carve one out of wood instead.

Beware of real puffer fish lamps ,my mother dropped one on her foot and it pierced her entire foot.Straight through

tiki beat by marcus thorn

Posted: 2009-11-03 11:34 pm   Permalink

very cool carvings cap'n keep up the good work

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cap'n Pharaoh

Posted: 2009-11-04 01:39 am   Permalink

Thanks Marcus, I appreciate the encouragement. I really dig your work, the last Maori w/shrunken head that I saw of yours was amazing really really exquisite! gives me something to shoot for. I know your in Australia , so if you ever make it passed the NSW central coast stop in for a mai tai.

Cap'n Pharaoh

Posted: 2009-12-14 05:09 am   Permalink

Aloha and Ahoy!

I finally got four new "Bone Nose" mugs out of the kiln, here they are....I hope you enjoy!

Here on my island summer has finally kicked in so that means the carving season has also arrived.
here is my first warm up....thirty minute TIKI...well actually I should say hour and thirty. thirty to carve....one hour to dig the hole and lift him in place...I really wish I owned a crane.

I find it alot easier to carve when you warm up!
And gives me something to look at while I carve on a hardwood log that takes me three weeks instead of thirty minutes.

I'm also working on a log that washed up on my local beach...I've been carving on it over the last two weeks...there is something really relaxing about carving right on the beach ...pictures of that to follow.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation