FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Cap'n Pharaoh- Severed heads & Serpents from the great abyss! Pg5
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Cap'n Pharaoh- Severed heads & Serpents from the great abyss! Pg5
Cap'n Pharaoh
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-12-14 11:00 pm   Permalink

Here is my beach discovery! It's unusual for this bay to get such large driftwood cause it is fairly sheltered.So when I saw this beauty of a log, I knew what had to be done.

I'm Glad I have help on this one.

Carving driftwood is tricky some parts are really hard other parts crumble...and some parts bounce back as if carving rubber.

It's going to be a longgggg summer!

View Profile of Cap'n Pharaoh Send a personal message to Cap'n Pharaoh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-15 05:03 am   Permalink

Wow great pics, especially with your daughter.

View Profile of drasticwagon Send a personal message to drasticwagon  Goto the website of drasticwagon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-15 05:15 am   Permalink

What is it, about 20 feet long?

I love how you're able to carve it right where you found it.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cap'n Pharaoh

Posted: 2009-12-15 5:05 pm   Permalink

I'll measure it next time I'm down there.
it's pretty awesome carving right on the beach ....although I never know if it will be there next time I go down there. I keep thinking that some kids will end up burning in a bonfire , or it will end up being taken out to sea.
Thats part of the fun....once I'm done i'll try propping it up.

View Profile of Cap'n Pharaoh Send a personal message to Cap'n Pharaoh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-15 5:22 pm   Permalink

thats awsome brah!! hope you get to carve the whole damn thing!! lol! cheerz!!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-15 6:12 pm   Permalink

Thats going to make a good story, ALREADY HAS! What a life, I am Jealous.

View Profile of drasticwagon Send a personal message to drasticwagon  Goto the website of drasticwagon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-16 05:10 am   Permalink

Cool Carve Cap'n, Hopefully you will return enough times to finish it.
It will be interesting to watch the progress of your skill set too, just keep the chisels sharp as that wood is imbeded with sand'n salt, both very rough on a sharp edge!
One may think these were the souls you had "Walk the Plank".

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cap'n Pharaoh

Posted: 2009-12-21 05:00 am   Permalink

HAHa Ben, thanks for the heads up ....I found out very quickly that I need to bring my sharpening stone with me to the beach .

in other news I recently sold one of my carvings and While I will miss it ....the picture of the dude in his new home underneath an amazing mango tree helps with my post partum depression.

drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-08 2:11 pm   Permalink

Any progress with the log on the beach?

seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-09 9:36 pm   Permalink

Cool.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cap'n Pharaoh

Posted: 2010-01-16 06:43 am   Permalink

Sadly....just as I predicted my summer dreaming tiki was burned by ugly tourists.....
this is the last picture I have of the carving....I did manage to carve " ALOHA Toowoon Bay" into the headress.
but when I arrived on the beach a few days ago...the log was cut into four pieces with the tiki portion completely burned... That must of been some bonfire..

next time I think I'll Leave carvings of Crosses on the beach or perhaps crescents....

may the gods of Hell fire devour their souls!!!!!!

On a positive note I have been working on another carving ...I call this guy Vendetta.....

drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-16 07:11 am   Permalink

AAAAHHHHH MANNN! I was hoping to see that beach log finished one day, Stupid Tourist. Your new piece is looking good, keep up the good work and good stories.

[ This Message was edited by: drasticwagon 2010-01-16 07:12 ]

BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-16 07:15 am   Permalink

that sucks about the log!!!!! damn idiots!!! and a great start on vendetta!!!
cheerz!!!!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-17 07:09 am   Permalink

Too bad about the log, seems there is Always at least 1 bastard in the crowd hey?
The Appropriate Vendetta is looking good too!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cap'n Pharaoh

Posted: 2010-01-18 07:02 am   Permalink

I look at it this way....if I was stranded on the beach too I'd probably burn what ever was available....but un knowingly evoking Vendetta from the spirit world , my life would never return to normal....
vendetta...he's pissed off with a vengance!!!!!
exchanging wood chips for blood , this is one angry log.!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation