FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TikiBocce(tm) IV is ON 6-27-09, 11am Start
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
TikiBocce(tm) IV is ON 6-27-09, 11am Start
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-09 08:41 am   Permalink

Sorry for not posting about this sooner, I've been dealing with a (now confirmed) small medical thingie and haven't been around TC for a bit...

ANYHOOO....

TikiBocce(tm) IV is planned for June 27th, with the usual start time of 11am. The MaiKai Gents are scheduled to make their triumphant return! All the other usuals to commence (so far). More to come, I promise!

Get Rollin'!

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-05-10 1:38 pm   Permalink

Yee Haw...plan on being there with Corona Contessa to watch the action.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-11 1:36 pm   Permalink

Vamp, you and the Contessa just can't watch. You've gotta get in the bocce action. And, if you want a place in the tournament, I'm sure you two could beat me for a place on the board. I'm the worst bocce player Oakland has ever seen.

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-05-11 9:10 pm   Permalink

I have never played before...but bring it SISTA!!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tai Won On
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-26 2:29 pm   Permalink

I am hoping to finally make to this legendary event. I can't wait to see this years' shenanigans.
It'll be good to see you fine folks again. Fingers crossed.

View Profile of Tai Won On Send a personal message to Tai Won On  Email Tai Won On     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TofuJoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-30 06:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-26 14:29, Tai Won On wrote:
I am hoping to finally make to this legendary event. I can't wait to see this years' shenanigans.
It'll be good to see you fine folks again. Fingers crossed.

We sure hope you can make it up!

We are whirlwinding through the east coast, but once we get back it will be a full press to get everything set up.

Picked up some inspiration for new cocktails from the fine bars in New York as well as the discovering a funny little cocktail book from Hawaii in a thrift store in St Augustine. The drinkin' at Hinky Drinks is going to be good.

View Profile of TofuJoe Send a personal message to TofuJoe  Goto the website of TofuJoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ron-tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-05-30 09:52 am   Permalink

any pic's???

View Profile of ron-tiki Send a personal message to ron-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-30 09:56 am   Permalink

So I'm missing Tiki Bocce by about a week! Buuuuut... I'm moving back to the Bay Area and will be around the beginning of July!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-05-31 1:26 pm   Permalink

Last year's party was so much fun - what i can remember of it - will try to make it again this year! Hopefully my team will make it past the first round this time...

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-31 1:46 pm   Permalink

Team Quicksand is currently coordinating it's wardrobe.

QUICKSAND!!!

P.S. Ray was recently seen last weekend coveting last year's Bocce trophy.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-05 08:41 am   Permalink

Aloha! With just a scant three weekends before TikiBocce IV (tagline: "Just what the Doctor ordered") and the evite has gone out!

Basic rundown:

11am: Hinky Drinks at Lund Manor throws its doors akimbo, to the enjoyment of all. Original punches and hand-made cocktails await thirsty travellers.

12pm-ish: The Mai Kai Gents will begin their Hapa Haole serenades. The BBQ grills should be fully engulfed by this point.

11-ish to 2: Hot Bocce Pre-lim Action! First 8 teams to win their open matches move on to the official TikiBocce Tournament.

3pm: TikiBocce Tournament begins, whittling down the teams, by hook, crook, and fight-to-the-death mano-a-mano combat (if deemed necessary), until one emerges victorious!

Before sunset: The TikiBocce IV Awards Ceremony.

*If there are out-of-town guests who wish to join the festivities and are hesitant to do so, due to lodging questions, Lund Manor proper has several accommodations that are currently available. Please inquire within. As with most everything in life, first come, first served.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-05 1:11 pm   Permalink

Is there gonna be a tournament dress code this year?

PLEASE!!! For the love of Tiki!

[ This Message was edited by: JenTiki 2009-06-05 13:11 ]

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-06 12:12 am   Permalink

The only dress code ever required for Tiki Bocci is clothing. Yes, we will all be wearing clothes. Zippers functioning etc. Beyond that it's up to you to address your own level of creativity in apparel.

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-06 12:24 am   Permalink

Suzanne, congrats on your move back!! Look forward to seeing you in the Bay Area!!

Quote:

On 2009-05-30 09:56, suzanne wrote:
So I'm missing Tiki Bocce by about a week! Buuuuut... I'm moving back to the Bay Area and will be around the beginning of July!

Suzanne

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TofuJoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-06 09:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-05 13:11, JenTiki wrote:
Is there gonna be a tournament dress code this year?

Dress appropriate for the weather. We prefer aloha wear or bowling attire.

Safety pins will be handed out as deemed necessary by your hosts.

"Stay classy Alameda"

View Profile of TofuJoe Send a personal message to TofuJoe  Goto the website of TofuJoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation