FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TikiBocce(tm) IV is ON 6-27-09, 11am Start
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
TikiBocce(tm) IV is ON 6-27-09, 11am Start
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-28 09:17 am   Permalink

Mahalo to everyone who braved the unseasonal (for TikiBocce(tm) )weather, sticky-ing it out until the finals of the tournament was concluded.

My better half has the full story...

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TofuJoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-28 09:18 am   Permalink

Team Pele's Revenge kicked everyones collective arses to take Top Bocce Honors.

Seriously kicked arse.

If they could have literally kicked the other teams, they probably would have.

The MaiKai gents kicked musical behind. Was that a Link Wray cover? Sweet.

I think we probably topped off at around 95 degrees. Jinkies. Good thing we a whole lotta ice on hand.

Thanks to everyone who came by and made this yet another success. We took zero photos. I'm hoping some of the people with cameras will send me a disc of snaps?

Oh. And can I tell you about the good roll?

View Profile of TofuJoe Send a personal message to TofuJoe  Goto the website of TofuJoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RikiTikiTavi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-28 1:24 pm   Permalink

Yes! Photos must be posted!

The bocce was a blast and the drinks were delicious as always. Great to see many friends and meet some new ones on the court! Team "Steve Holt!" will definitely be back to contend at the next tournament! Thanks again to the wonderful hosts at Lund Manor for another great event. The perfect way to spend a hot summer afternoon!

View Profile of RikiTikiTavi Send a personal message to RikiTikiTavi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TofuJoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-28 1:40 pm   Permalink

For those sports nerdily inclined

Box Scores
http://www.lundmanor.com/bocce/tikibocce2009_boxscore.html

View Profile of TofuJoe Send a personal message to TofuJoe  Goto the website of TofuJoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sgirl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-28 3:47 pm   Permalink

Thanks for a great time, as usual, Scott & Thayer!

My dad is soo proud. I'll have to send him the link for the box scores. He actually plays Bocce 2x per week at their local senior center. My mom's theory is that all his practice helped me somehow. I've never played so well in my life! Still a bit shocked.

The trophy looks mighty sweet on our bar.

Lisa (of Pele's Revenge)

[ This Message was edited by: Sgirl 2009-06-28 15:54 ]

View Profile of Sgirl Send a personal message to Sgirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-28 8:33 pm   Permalink

Congrats to the winners...looking forward to the pix.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-29 01:30 am   Permalink

Tiki Bocce IV: Missionary's Downfall"*

It was so hot I saw a tree chasing a dog.

The agony of defeat....and the feet. My socks literally melted into my sneaks. You know, I think I need to find a religion with a better dress code. The Buddhists with the long flowing robes, those look pretty cool.

"Oh. And can I tell you about the good roll?"

Please do. From about about the sixth qualifying match on I remember very little. A good time was had though, indeed. Sure, Quicksand beat a quick exit, but we do have spirit. Get it, spirit? Oh Lordy, even with mild dehydration and a too-high body core temp I still got it.

Many thanks to T&S for a great Tiki Bocce.

Next Year!
Elder Midnite

* Always did hate that f&%@#in' drink.

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-29 09:23 am   Permalink

We had a swelteringly fine time at our first Tiki Bocce. Mahalo to Thayer and Scott for their generous hospitality and beautiful environment. I think I am now hooked on bocce. Just wait until next year when Team W.G.K.Y.A is in full
force(or fool force). We will live up to our namesake!

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-29 1:08 pm   Permalink

Thayer and Scott,

Thank you so much for a wonderful time. This year was especially fun, despite the unusual temperature. You thoughtfully had the air conditioner on inside, so being able to pop into the coolness of Lund Manor from time to time really helped. And the crazy Elder Mai Tai and Midnite were as usual hilarious. Poor Elder Midnite was officiating, so his pith helmet took the brunt of the heat.

Thanks too for the birthday wishes. That was really fun...! Thanks so much!

xoxo
CL

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-29 1:11 pm   Permalink

Okay I bite...what does W.G.K.Y.A stand for?

Quote:

On 2009-06-29 09:23, Tiki Kaimuki wrote:
We had a swelteringly fine time at our first Tiki Bocce. Mahalo to Thayer and Scott for their generous hospitality and beautiful environment. I think I am now hooked on bocce. Just wait until next year when Team W.G.K.Y.A is in full

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-29 1:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-29 13:11, Coco Loco wrote:

Quote:

In order to seem like I'm maintaining some sort of forum decorum, I will just ask you to slip back into
a booze soaked state of mind and try to remember the obnoxious name I came up with for my hired gun team
of ball rollers. The "W" stands for "We're" and the "G" stands for "gonna"...

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-29 2:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-29 13:19, Tiki Kaimuki wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-06-29 13:11, Coco Loco wrote:

Quote:

In order to seem like I'm maintaining some sort of forum decorum, I will just ask you to slip back into
a booze soaked state of mind and try to remember the obnoxious name I came up with for my hired gun team
of ball rollers. The "W" stands for "We're" and the "G" stands for "gonna"...

Well then we can only assume that the "K" stands for "Kiss"!!!

Thanks a ton Scott & Thayer! What a great time! By the way, who made the coconut rum balls? They were awesome, as were the drinks, the music, and the overall bocce vibe!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TofuJoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-29 3:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Thanks a ton Scott & Thayer! What a great time! By the way, who made the coconut rum balls? They were awesome, as were the drinks, the music, and the overall bocce vibe!

Jon Howell brought the rum balls. Home made down in scenic Santa Cruz.
I'll pass along the kudos.

Sgirl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-29 3:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-29 15:20, TofuJoe wrote:

Would you ask for a recipe to share? They were yummy.

View Profile of Sgirl Send a personal message to Sgirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chief Bartender
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-29 5:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-29 15:28, Sgirl wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-06-29 15:20, TofuJoe wrote:

Would you ask for a recipe to share? They were yummy.

More rum than balls in those things. Yes, they were very yummy.

View Profile of Chief Bartender Send a personal message to Chief Bartender  Email Chief Bartender     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation