Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Quick advice needed
Quick advice needed
Carpathia
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-12 09:53 am   Permalink

Currently i'm on a vacation to the bahamas, and I stopped by a local liquor store. They have the following prices of note:

Rhum Clement Cuvee Homere - $55
Rhum Barbancourt 15 year - $20
Rhum Barbancourt 8 - $15
Rhum Clement (VSOP) ~~~$40

Duty free is 2 liters; what should I get and how much? I'm thinking 2 15 year and 1 Cuvee Homere.

Thanks!

View Profile of Carpathia Send a personal message to Carpathia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-12 10:45 am   Permalink

Wow, those are some great prices! While you are there, you should also look for Havana Club, and Clement Creole Shrubb. Shrubb is the BEST orange liqueur out there, it will make the greatest Mai Tais you ever tasted.

That Clement VSOP is awesome too. You just can't lose there!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Carpathia
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-12 5:00 pm   Permalink

I have a feeling the havana club here is not legit (sold in combo liquor cigar stores, no grand reserve anywhere). I'm thinking of going for maybe 2 bottles of the 15 year, the hommme; I'll look for the shrubb, but I think I found my high end mai-tai liquors... that will only be used once in a blue moon. Wish the states were this cheap.

View Profile of Carpathia Send a personal message to Carpathia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation