FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Pau Hana Hideaway, Denver
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Pau Hana Hideaway, Denver
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-05 07:48 am   Permalink

Scott - Looking great with the mood lighting, love the orange backlight behind the bar.

See you at Fink's next weekend.

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-26 7:37 pm   Permalink

I did some panel carving for the side of the window wells this weekend if you want check it out.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=33284&forum=7&0

View Profile of Beach Bum Scott Send a personal message to Beach Bum Scott      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-07 07:48 am   Permalink

Some additions to the room.

A Tiki (it's a bank) and the post I carved to get it above the plants.

My 10$ Goodwill palm tree and some more plants for the window well.

Netting, shells, starfish and a whale all thrift store.

The Kon Tiki I carved in place.

[ This Message was edited by: Beach Bum Scott 2009-08-07 07:50 ]

View Profile of Beach Bum Scott Send a personal message to Beach Bum Scott      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-08 10:12 pm   Permalink

nice transformation, the use of colored light really shows it off!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 10:34 am   Permalink

Nice Work on the bar and lighting there! Now, just make a crate to fit around the TV, with a burlap curtain to open up when you watch it, and drape it over when its off! The outside window diorama is a great idea. It be really cool for people who have a bad view out a window of a tiki room to just put a box on the outside and fill it with Exotic objects of curiosity! I guess that's why paintings have frames, they're meant to be seen as window frames looking into the artists view of the world.

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-30 4:05 pm   Permalink

Did a little more work today.

Before

Added some trim.

Started adding bamboo grid to hang more netting from, need to get more to finish the whole ceiling.

The grid is alot more work than I thought.

[ This Message was edited by: Beach Bum Scott 2009-09-06 21:07 ]

Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-06 9:09 pm   Permalink

The lights dimmed like a Tiki Bar should be. Hard to tell from the pic but you can still read the drink menu or sheet music!!!

TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-07 06:16 am   Permalink

Beach Bum Scott - Aloha!

I'm really into your basement project, it's cozy atmosphere especially your bar lighting bekons me to visit someday as I find myself in Denver on occasion (I'm a coaster enthusiast too..Denver's home to my beloved Lakeside Park and the Cyclone).

Does your tiki environment have a name?

PM me. I'm sure I can create a gift for you..a painting for the room..a small offering from the smoke blanketed So.Cal landscape to a new Mile High landmark.

Keep us posted on your progress. Cheers!

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-07 6:23 pm   Permalink

Thanks TikiG, you hit the nail. A dim cozy bar is what I'm shooting for.
The cozy part was easy the room is 16'x14' and the dim part was too, the room came with 6 can lights so I put in a dimmer switch.
Wish I had a better camera so my pictures did the room/lighting justice.

Being Labor Day I figured I would do some labor!!!
I need more shelving for mugs and such so Tammy found some Eames style pictures and asked if I could do something like it, Had a bunch of weathered wood from a deck I tore apart so...

Now I need to add some bamboo trim and do something with the white ceiling!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Beach Bum Scott 2009-09-07 18:24 ]

ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-07 9:36 pm   Permalink

Those are nice looking shelves Scott! You have been kicking ass with the production of your place and it has taken shape very nicely it a short period of time. Maybe it can inspire me to pick up the snails pace that I work on in my place.

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-09 07:01 am   Permalink

That's a really nice bar you have coming together. Ukulo (I think that's the tiki mug's name) is one of my favorites for drinking as well, good shape and right sized for my average drinks.

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-19 8:31 pm   Permalink

You mean this lil' fella Wayfarer?

He's helping me break in my new Ukulele by holding my Jungle Jetsetter for me!!!!
After I added the new bamboo to the front of the bar.

Zulu isn't there some saying about Moai time?

Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-27 10:06 am   Permalink

Some new pictures of work and stuff...

Still have some trim work and shelves to build and to carve & finish the amp/book case and.....

Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-27 10:59 am   Permalink

Great job on your bar! The photos
with the lights on really makes a relaxing
atmosphere. Congrats!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-28 03:28 am   Permalink

Very nice Scott! We should trade uke licks sometime... you've got yourself a fine place for it.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation