FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events 2nd Annual Texas Tiki Round-up Austin Aug. 1
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
2nd Annual Texas Tiki Round-up Austin Aug. 1
Grand Kahu
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-27 09:52 am   Permalink

This sounds like an excellent reason to get out of town and to Austin! Can't wait to check out the Enchanted Lagoon and all...

GK

View Profile of Grand Kahu Send a personal message to Grand Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cedarhoops

Posted: 2009-07-28 11:13 am   Permalink

Hi folks, I'm new to this forum and organized Tikiphilia, but I'm a Galveston BOI and a pro hula hooper, and I'm coming with Los SuperAvengers! I will bring hula hoops for us to play with!

View Profile of cedarhoops Send a personal message to cedarhoops  Goto the website of cedarhoops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-28 5:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-28 11:13, cedarhoops wrote:
Hi folks, I'm new to this forum and organized Tikiphilia, but I'm a Galveston BOI and a pro hula hooper, and I'm coming with Los SuperAvengers! I will bring hula hoops for us to play with!

Welcome cedarhoops! Sounds like awesome fun. I am so ready to get my hula on!

Grande Kahu, so glad you're making it!

Everyone, the Salt Lick BBQ is encouraging reservations. If you know you will be joining us Sunday for brunch, please let me know. Meeting time at the Salt Lick will be 11:30. Don't forget it is cash only and BYOB.

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-30 8:30 pm   Permalink

Aloha folks. Got a great crowd going for Saturday. Looks like 100 or so. Those asking about food or drink quantity to bring, please don't feel you have to feed everyone. Bring what you can (and that will be much appreciated), and we'll set it all out.

Festivities start at 7:30. PM me if you need directions. So looking forward to seeing everyone!

[ This Message was edited by: Koitiki 2009-08-02 18:33 ]

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cedarhoops

Posted: 2009-08-02 01:23 am   Permalink

That was awesome fun, y'all. Many thanks to KoiTiki and all who provided sustenance and entertainment!

View Profile of cedarhoops Send a personal message to cedarhoops  Goto the website of cedarhoops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-02 04:39 am   Permalink

It didn't happen without pictures!

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dobrolic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-02 1:51 pm   Permalink

Aloha Koitiki & Dane
You've done it again! Thrown a great party, with rocking bands, luscious libations & awesome food. Thank you! Also, special thank yous to Combo Maholo & Los Super Avengers for the great tunes, to Son of Limbo Lizard for the fire dancing & to the Barton Springs Hoola hooper queen for bringing her hoops to share. Last but not least, we can't think of anything that beats a 3 AM swim in the Enchanted Lagoon....schweet!
Dobrolic, Hulacat & Castlehune

View Profile of Dobrolic Send a personal message to Dobrolic  Email Dobrolic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-02 5:17 pm   Permalink

Best Austin Tiki Gathering EVAH!!!

Many photos were indeed snapped (I got to see 'em this AM), and much fun was had.

And as Dobrolic said, what can be better than a 3:00 AM (well, 4:30 AM) swim?
Answer: 4:30 AM swim in an enchanted lagoon with a Blood of the Kapu Tiki in your cup.

Great music, great food and drink, great prizes, an aMAZing upstairs tiki room, and wonderful friends.
Koitiki and Dane are outstanding hosts.

Eat yr heart out, California

[ This Message was edited by: Formikahini 2009-08-02 17:18 ]

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hulacat
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-02 6:18 pm   Permalink

Confirmed time of final swim was 4:30 AM, and yes,...Koitiki's new tiki room is wonderful! All "...were(sic) haunted as if by a feverish dream."
The fortune cookie fortune said so.
Best comment of the evening: "All homes should be required to have a tiki room!"
Hulacat

[ This Message was edited by: Hulacat 2009-08-02 18:28 ]

View Profile of Hulacat Send a personal message to Hulacat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-02 8:52 pm   Permalink

So much fun!! I've got many mahalos to make and tons of cute photos to share. Will post it all as soon as my hangover subsides. In the meanwhile, here is a teaser pic to get you started.

Enchantress stalks her prey in tiki truck lair

Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-04 08:11 am   Permalink

The Enchanted Lagoon, as night begins to fall

Monica with the great surf rockin' band, Los Super Avengers

Shaka! Hangin' loose in the kitchen at 1:00AM

Monica and I had another fantastic and mostly memorable evening (it gets a little hazy for me, after a point). The upstairs tiki den put me in envy-overload - so creative, great job!
Yes, I had rather a hangover, myself, Koitiki - though probably not as big as the monuments some were building up, that night I tried to heed your posted warning about pacing, and did well, until late. Then I think I sort of loa loa'd the Nui Nuis a bit - just too good.
Our thanks to you and Dane, and to everyone else who helped you put it all together. Great food, drinks, music and, especially, great people.

[ This Message was edited by: Limbo Lizard 2009-08-04 18:43 ]

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TxTikiGirl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-04 09:44 am   Permalink

Hey Everyone!

I had a bunch of pictures so I decided to upload them to Shutterfly instead of posting them all on here.
Go to this link to view-->
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=1CbsW7huyYv-g

If you'd like a picture, but don't want to buy it off of Shutterfly, PM me and I'll email you the pic.

It was such a great party! Thanks so much The tiki room was amazing, I'm so jealous!

Now I'm off to Tiki Oasis!!!

[ This Message was edited by: TxTikiGirl 2009-08-04 09:51 ]

View Profile of TxTikiGirl Send a personal message to TxTikiGirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TxTikiGirl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-04 09:47 am   Permalink

Oh and P.S. I've got to buy a hula hoop - my abs were sore the next day! Who knew it was such a good/fun workout!!

View Profile of TxTikiGirl Send a personal message to TxTikiGirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-08-04 10:21 am   Permalink

GROG look through the pictures. Looked like a fun time.

The place turned out well Koitiki.

GROG not see any cowboy hats or Lonestar beer in the pictures. This was in Texas, wasn't it?

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-04 11:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-04 10:21, GROG wrote:
This was in Texas, wasn't it?

Uh, sort of. It was in Austin.

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation