[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Beachbum Berry app for iphone
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Beachbum Berry app for iphone
skeeter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-19 07:30 am   Permalink

Just found this app last night!
It's basically 150 drink recipes taken from the Grog Log, Intoxica and Sippin' Safari for the iphone or ipod touch.

http://appshopper.com/reference/tiki-exotic-drinks-tiki-cocktails

Definitely beats the other cocktail apps I've seen so far.

View Profile of skeeter Send a personal message to skeeter  Goto the website of skeeter     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-19 07:59 am   Permalink

The app really is great - I was able to sample a beta version and it really does make it easy to search, bookmark favorites and find out more about each of the drinks and the ingredients.

This app is totally worth the cheap price - you'll have all the information in your pocket when you are at a bar (or more importantly when you are at a liquor store).

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-19 09:14 am   Permalink

Just downloaded it! Awesome!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-19 10:28 am   Permalink

Yay! Support the Bum, buy this app!

He gets a percentage!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-19 11:14 am   Permalink

thats so cool,
too bad I dont have an I phone.
be careful, don't spill the ingredients on your phone.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-19 11:39 am   Permalink

I downloaded it and kicked the tires a bit and I can say it's the kind of high quality we've come to expect from the Bum. I've had my favorites in my iphone for about 6 months now, but this is far better than typing them in myself. And you get great photos, backgrounds, back stories, ability to search by base ingredients, tags, flavors, etc. Overall a terrific app for less than the price of a Mai-Tai!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-19 7:21 pm   Permalink

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop downloading apps for my iPod!

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
snackbar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-20 07:42 am   Permalink

Just bought it. Really great!
Especially the search by flavor thingie!
I found myself many nights browsing through all the Bum books to find that one recipe that calls for a specific ingredient.

lilyscarlet.com

View Profile of snackbar Send a personal message to snackbar  Goto the website of snackbar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2009-05-20 12:28 pm   Permalink

This would be very useful and I would buy it in a second if it didn't mean that I would have to join the apple cult. But, I guess there's probably "an app for that".

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-05-20 1:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-20 12:28, Tiki Kaimuki wrote:
This would be very useful and I would buy it in a second if it didn't mean that I would have to join the apple cult. But, I guess there's probably "an app for that".

Join us !

Seriously, PC is SO 1990's !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Austin_Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-20 2:08 pm   Permalink

I downloaded the app recently, and it kicks all kinds of tail. Definitely well worth the $5.

View Profile of Austin_Tiki Send a personal message to Austin_Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blue.octopus
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-05-20 2:36 pm   Permalink

This app is really good - not just for the excellent recipes, but for the way the app is thought out with all the extra menus, information and help. Really nicely done. cheers!

View Profile of blue.octopus Send a personal message to blue.octopus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-20 4:10 pm   Permalink

Nice app...this will definitely replace the page of notes that I transferred from a Palm Treo, two Blackberries and finally the iPhone. Hard to believe only $3.99, the books would cost you at least 10 times that much, even at original cover price. Thanks Bum!

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-20 5:09 pm   Permalink

...just when I thought I couldn't love my iPhone even more! The only app I ever purchased and well worth it!

Say you want an original Tiki cocktail from the vintage "lost" recipe....there's an app for that!!!

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-20 7:07 pm   Permalink

The same developer has an app called Cocktails+ which is all classic cocktails and worth a look also.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation