[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » Smokin' Menehunes live
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Smokin' Menehunes live
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-02 09:47 am   Permalink

That was also recorded after we had been together for only like three months. We're getting more and more like a well oiled machine since then.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-15 12:31 pm   Permalink

Hey guys,
Any news about the CD?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-15 10:45 pm   Permalink

I don't think the CD that we recorded earlier will be offered for sale. It is a legitimate recording, but we just don't feel that what is represented on that recording gives us Menehunes proper credit as to where we are now. Since we went into that studio, we've almost doubled our song list and have all progressed ten fold on our respective instruments. If you ask around, you may be able to get a bootleg copy of the CD.

We've been talking about getting back into the studio to do another recording pretty soon. Although, this is turning out to be our busiest season right now with private parties just about every weekend. I'm really looking forward to getting back into the recoding studio though. Hopefully we'll do it right and have it packaged and available for purchase.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-16 12:28 am   Permalink

Unga--

PM me your addy and I'll burn you a copy (with LuckyD's permission, of course...)
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-16 09:40 am   Permalink

Hey Lucky, good to hear you guys are keeping busy with gigs and staying out of trouble. We are all looking forward to hearin' some new tunes when you find time to get back into the studio.

Unga, There is a scrappy looking dude at the beach who is sellling Menehune and Popylop CD's out of the back of his truck. He also has a few chickens, cacawates and used levi's. Let me know if you want me to pick you up anything.

Chongolio

P.S. Just kidding. But if The Menehunes are O.K. with it I will roast a CD for you and send it with your shirt.

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-16 1:14 pm   Permalink

Are you kidding me?

I want one of those CDs right now.
I'll pay whatever you say but start burning.
PM me please, whoever it is that can satisfy this great aural need.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-17 01:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-16 13:14, pablus wrote:

Are you kidding me?

I want one of those CDs right now.
I'll pay whatever you say but start burning.
PM me please, whoever it is that can satisfy this great aural need.

gimme gimme this...gimme gimme that

-the Germs

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-13 12:02 pm   Permalink

I got another clip up of the Smokin' Menehunes Jammin' at Bamboo Ben for the Orange County Tiki Crawl III back in 2003. There is Another one here. These clips have the original line up consisting or Tiki Bong, Lucky Designs and Shirley Orlando. I posted this second clip some on another thread someplace but thought it made more sense to put them in this thread. Quality is not great because I was shootin' into a bright window in the background, but the sound is OK and you get a pretty good feel for the fun we were all having. Be sure to listen for the squeaky beer cooler!

Enjoy,
Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-13 1:25 pm   Permalink

That's real cool! I am not on it, but I like it anyway, and it's damn nice to see Spike up there!!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-14 09:36 am   Permalink

Thanks, Miguel. That was seriously four years ago?! Seems like yesterday...

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-14 12:28 pm   Permalink

That's cause we just saw each other last month, at the NAMM!!

But seriously, I like that clip. You guys had just started the band, no bass player yet, and you had the balls to get up there and have a good time anyway. The mark of a professional!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation