FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » New Waitiki 7 Album - OMFG!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
New Waitiki 7 Album - OMFG!
OnyaBirri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-30 11:18 am   Permalink

While this album hasn't been released yet and is not intended for my virgin ears, I happen to be married to a VIP who received an advance copy. This album will knock you out, I kid you not, arguably the best and most consistent neo-exotica album you've heard.

I had the pleasure of meeting Randy Wong a few weeks back at an exclusive Boston watering hole.

Superb album guys!

[ This Message was edited by: OnyaBirri 2009-05-30 13:41 ]

View Profile of OnyaBirri Send a personal message to OnyaBirri      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hibiscus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-30 1:52 pm   Permalink

Woo-hoo! Can't wait for the release! Anyone have any idea when it's coming out?

View Profile of Hibiscus Send a personal message to Hibiscus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Tim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-31 06:55 am   Permalink

Track Listing

1. Coronation
2. Totem Pole
3. Manila
4. Craving
5. Left Arm of Buddha
6. Her Majesty’s Pearl
7. Ouanalao
8. L’ours Chinois
9. Ned’s Redemption
10. Sacha-cha
11. Octopus Menagerie
12. Mood Indigo
13. Adventures in Paradise

http://waitiki7.com/the-cd/

View Profile of Tiki-Tim Send a personal message to Tiki-Tim  Email Tiki-Tim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-31 07:09 am   Permalink

Thanks Drew for the kind words about our new album! It was my pleasure to meet you and Laura and introduce you to Drink.

The CD is titled Adventures in Paradise, and it is the debut effort of our new WAITIKI project, The WAITIKI 7. The WAITIKI 7 is the same group that performed at last summer's Festival Wassermusik (Berlin, Germany), and for the Retro Cocktail Hour's 500th Broadcast Anniversary Party (Lawrence, KS).

Our release date is August 18, 2009, which coincides with (and commemorates) the 50th Anniversary of Hawaii's Statehood. The album will be for sale online at our websites (
WAITIKI.com and WAITIKI7.com), iTunes, CDBaby, and at retail stores in Hawaii and the west coast.

For more information about The WAITIKI 7 and the new album, please visit:
http://waitiki7.com/the-cd/

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-31 07:17 am   Permalink

Can't wait!!!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-31 2:04 pm   Permalink

Great cover guys - I'm looking forward to hearing your new material!!

&, better, yet, I'm looking forward to hearing some of the songs played LIVE at OHANA Luau at the Lake in Lake George, NY - just a month after the CD release
www.LuauAtTheLake.com

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-01 10:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-31 14:04, croe67 wrote:
Great cover guys - I'm looking forward to hearing your new material!!

&, better, yet, I'm looking forward to hearing some of the songs played LIVE at OHANA Luau at the Lake in Lake George, NY - just a month after the CD release
http://www.LuauAtTheLake.com

We will be playing some of the tunes from the album at Ohana. But just to be clear: it is our quartet that will be playing, not The WAITIKI 7. (In other words, BYOBC... Bring Your Own Bird Calls)

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Martiki-bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-01 10:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

We will be playing some of the tunes from the album at Ohana. But just to be clear: it is our quartet that will be playing, not The WAITIKI 7. (In other words, BYOBC... Bring Your Own Bird Calls)

Hmmm, maybe I'll just bring my own bird!

View Profile of Martiki-bird Send a personal message to Martiki-bird  Email Martiki-bird Goto the website of Martiki-bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-02 12:31 pm   Permalink

Oh, we can do bird calls. :)

Can't wait for Ohana!!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-07 11:00 am   Permalink

I want, I want, I want

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-08 04:02 am   Permalink

Believe.

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
koopkooper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-09 06:00 am   Permalink

Have heard the entire album (thanks Randy) and I can assure you it is Very Good...can't wait to play it on the Cocktail Nation as soon as the release date is here!

View Profile of koopkooper Send a personal message to koopkooper  Email koopkooper Goto the website of koopkooper     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-09 10:46 am   Permalink

Jeff, Koop, & Drew, thanks for the sweet testimonials!!

Yes, it feels like a long time until August 18 finally hits, and the world can hear our new album. But fear not: We've put up a number of promo videos with player insights into our music, the state of exotica as it is today, and yes, some sneak-peek listening of the new tracks.

Check them out online, at The WAITIKI 7's website:
http://waitiki7.com/press/video/

More videos will be added soon too!

-Randy & The WAITIKI 7

OnyaBirri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-09 3:39 pm   Permalink

Randy, I just played your album for my combo-mates in Stolen Idols and they are thoroughly BLOWN AWAY! Again, superb job!

View Profile of OnyaBirri Send a personal message to OnyaBirri      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-10 10:18 am   Permalink

As the biggest international fan of Waitiki (7 or not), I want a listening preview NOW !!!!!

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation