FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts new work on an old guy . . . last page . .
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
new work on an old guy . . . last page . .
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-30 06:14 am   Permalink

I see a new wax master shaping up

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-30 7:21 pm   Permalink

yes, you're right. it's coming along slowly. i'm learning that the nicer the master, the nicer the end product.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-01 9:17 pm   Permalink

had to rework this a little. it's hard to please myself while thinking about pleasing others sometimes. opened it up and made it a bit more delicate. this is just a carving master. i'm going to have to mold and cast it in wax and then rework it a little. there are some flaws you can't see unless you look under a magnifier. those are much easier to take out in wax than in silver. it kind of turned into a double sided type of pendant. i can also inscribe the wax for my TC friends. i'll be making these in a small run, probably 5-10 at the most. i'll put them in the market when they're ready or hit me up anytime. mahalo!

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-02 10:28 pm   Permalink

Perry, I like the new look of your pendant. It has a lighter and freer look!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-03 12:10 am   Permalink

the koru came out nice. the moai is looking good too. the bamboo is a nice touch.

[ This Message was edited by: kingstiedye 2009-07-03 00:11 ]

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-04 08:47 am   Permalink

Perry! I got my Orango in the mail yesterday. It's perfect! LOVE IT. I immediately put it on my necklace so it now resides between a little silver Ku and a silver palm leaf that I made. I'll get a picture for you as soon as I can. Thanks!!!!
Oh yeah, and a couple of little resin moai's stowed away in the box! I'll be thinking of a way to use them on something! THX!

Retro Modern Wahine......Kiki von Tiki on etsy

[ This Message was edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-07-04 08:50 ]

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-05 08:57 am   Permalink

OLD

NEW & IMPROVED

P, I have to agree with Kiki- I like the new look.
What exactly is a "Fart" Koru?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-05 10:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-24 23:40, pdrake wrote:
well, that pendant went over like a wet fart.

Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-09 12:50 am   Permalink

thank you so much mike and kiki. i thought the rework was pretty cool, too. i don't know if i'll even make anymore at this point.

the little bird man was a cool little project and i'm glad it's appreciated. it made me smile as i made it.

i'm working on the new master marrrrrq!

it's a little blurry on purpose.

glad you looked, thanks, i owe you a drink.

p

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-09 5:17 pm   Permalink

Perry, did you re-work the "fart koru" casting or the mold?

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-09 8:50 pm   Permalink

mike, you can't rework silicone molds, at least i've never been successful at it. i reworked a wax piece from the original mold, then cast it in silver, then reworked the silver to finish it off. (i have a hard time working with this wax at this size in the vegas summer, i need to get some better wax.) it's now at it's second wax stage for additional smoothing and work. it will then get a final mold made for wax masters.

i'm finishing up the marq tonight and molding that up. the mold material takes over 24 hrs to finish, so i won't have a pic until probably sat. i just didn't want to show it in a globby, unfinished state.

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-15 8:31 pm   Permalink

announcing your intentions out loud (or in written form online) is one of the best ways to see the gods laugh at you. the marq broke and i had to start over. that's why i make molds for the working wax pieces. at least i don't have to start from square one.

the fart koru wax finally got reworked and molded. here's a peek.

thanks for peeking.

Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-16 06:11 am   Permalink

I'm always very impressed by metal and glassworkers - danger and creativity!

Excellent stuff.

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-23 9:29 pm   Permalink

thanks, robb.

i did a whole new sculpt on the marq. made me feel better. the guy i was working with has pretty much flaked. i have to buy some new equipment. that's why i'm liquidating stuff. my art is more important than my collection right now.

here's a preview of the marq. mold it up tonight and add the detail tomorrow.

should it be "woodish" or "stonish"? hmmm . . .

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-27 4:49 pm   Permalink

well, i think i'm done futzing with this guy. what does everyone think?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation