FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Big Boy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Big Boy
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-02 8:19 pm   Permalink

Sparks good, I like them the same way I like the Tubes, though I can't explain why. Oh, and Claim Jumper sliders always hit all the right notes. drunk posting again. Again.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
senioraqua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 04:40 am   Permalink

Time to slide a little ditty your way from the Smithereen's called
White Castle Blues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JiwjOXvQ9s

View Profile of senioraqua Send a personal message to senioraqua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 08:01 am   Permalink

Angst in my Pants-I'm with Kate!
Great Album!
Classic Cover!

and speaking of gastro-intestinal anger....

White Castle Sliders all the way!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swangulo Tikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-03 11:24 am   Permalink

Don't eat that burger
Has it got mayonnaise?
Give it to me

Terra
www.myspace.com/swangulo

View Profile of Swangulo Tikis Send a personal message to Swangulo Tikis  Goto the website of Swangulo Tikis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 11:53 am   Permalink

There used to be a A&W burger place here in the 80's, so cool,
and then it turned into a White Castle for a few months.
my Family and I went there to see what all the Hub Bub was about.
needless to say, we never went back, and they went outta business.
nuff said.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 3:21 pm   Permalink

Our favorite right now is Five Guys Burgers and Fries, there's one in Carson and one in Cerritos. Evidently they are a pretty big deal on the East Coast but are just getting started out here.

Regarding White Castle, I was on a trip to Chicago with work when the Harold and Kumar movie came out. I was in a car full or people when I saw a White Castle..I made everyone pull over and stop. Turns out you would have to be really REALLY high to go out of your way for those crappy little burgers.

Oh and one more thing...stay away from the new version of Bob's Big Boy, they are just called "Big Boy" and they are popping up everywhere..eat there once and it will fuck up your Bob's Big Boy memories.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bobs-big-boy-signal-hill

Yeah, I like hamburgers quite a bit.

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shaker
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-03 3:37 pm   Permalink

There was a place I use to go to in Pasadena called Pie & Burger or Burger & Pie? Something like that? That had great burgers. Not sure if it's still there.

View Profile of Tiki Shaker Send a personal message to Tiki Shaker  Email Tiki Shaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 3:44 pm   Permalink

Wait a second. A place that served burgers and pie??? Was this place called Heaven?

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 3:58 pm   Permalink

Yes, Burger and Pie is still there as far as I know. Pretty good burger. And pie.

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 3:59 pm   Permalink

One summer I spent on the east coast, new york, matter of fact...and it was one of those sweltering days with 150% humidity, and big, fat greasy raindrops that don't cool you off whatsoever...anyway, I was in the drive through at white castle and dying for a cold ice tea (which I absolutely have to have with NO sugar) and I guess they ONLY come sweetened. I felt like I was in a foreign country! I was so mad! It did NOTHING to quench my thirst, only added to it. But small burgers steamed on a bed of onions actually is a good concept, in theory...until you taste them and are let down.

I feel the same way about Tommy's burgers. They sound great, but the reality is that you need to waste an entire tree's worth of knapkins just to not look like an animal when you are done eating one!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-06-03 3:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-03 15:44, Mai Tai wrote:
Wait a second. A place that served burgers and pie??? Was this place called Heaven?

No, I think it's called Marie Callendars.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 4:24 pm   Permalink

White Castle Burgers were the favorite of a little known band from the mid 70's called The Dictators.

It is said that they played punk rock before there was punk rock.

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 4:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-03 16:24, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
White Castle Burgers were the favorite of a little known band from the mid 70's called The Dictators.

It is said that they played punk rock before there was punk rock.

Go to the section of pictures labeled "Old school" and you can see why!! Kind of a stooges, MC5, new york dolls, ramones thing going on!!

Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 9:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-03 15:44, Mai Tai wrote:

oooohhhhh, Polly's Pies! Amazing burgers and pie, too! Check it in Long Beach, Los Al, a few other places in the OC.

Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shaker
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-03 10:06 pm   Permalink

Yep, still there.

http://www.pienburger.com/

View Profile of Tiki Shaker Send a personal message to Tiki Shaker  Email Tiki Shaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation