Tiki Central Forums Bilge Big Boy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Big Boy
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-04 01:17 am   Permalink

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-21 08:31 am   Permalink

http://www.mybunnyfarm.com/monsterrabbits/

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-21 5:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-03 21:42, Kiki von Tiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-06-03 15:44, Mai Tai wrote:
Wait a second. A place that served burgers and pie??? Was this place called Heaven?

oooohhhhh, Polly's Pies! Amazing burgers and pie, too! Check it in Long Beach, Los Al, a few other places in the OC.

Wasn't that the name of the place in Cabazon on I10 with the life-sized brontosaurus?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-21 10:43 pm   Permalink

Polly's Pies! 15 locations!
http://www.pollyspies.com/pollyspieslocations.html

This is a super lame video, but mention the vid and get a glass of wine or a beer for just a buck! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWiz10ODR6c&feature=channel_page

Their pie is waaaay better than Marie Callendars! No brontasaurus that I know of!

Retro Modern Wahine......Kiki von Tiki on etsy

[ This Message was edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-06-21 22:44 ]

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-21 11:29 pm   Permalink

Five Guys just opened in my hometown! MMMMMMM!!!! Scott Kempner of the Dictators wa s a founding member of one of my all-time favorite bands, The Del Lords.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-22 04:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-21 17:12, MadDogMike wrote:
Wasn't that the name of the place in Cabazon on I10 with the life-sized brontosaurus?

I dunno what the name of that place is in Cabazon. All I remember is that it had a big sign that said EAT - but EAT we never did, for there was no pie. But here are some pics of Chongolio and me on my first trip to Tiki Oasis when it used to be in Palm Springs. Had to dig these out of my old Shutterfly account.

I'm sure ya know that the Brontosaurus is a gift shop. But didja know that the T-Rex was supposed to be a slide? You walk up a staircase inside him, and the slide was supposed to be built down his back, so you'd slide down that way. But the owner/artist died before he could complete the slide. Drat!

If that place woulda had pie, Chongolio and I would've sniffed it out, and swiped one as it was cooling on the window sill, 'cause we were already on the lookout for scooby snacks. I would also think that if they served burgers, then they would be Brontosaurus burgers, yes? I mean, they'd have to be, yes? I'm gonna drive over there right now, and demand a Brontosaurus burger, pronto!!! Naw, the drive's too far. But I tell ya, it's a good thing we didn't think of demanding Brontosaurus burgers when we were taking these pics, or there'd be Hell to pay, I tell ya. Hell to pay! We take no quarter!!! Ummm, naw. We'd do nothin'. 'xcept maybe giggle.

Thus endeth today's chapter of Chongolio And Mai Tai Go To Cabazon. Neil Patrick Harris never stole our wheels. Sorry, no pics of burgers, or pie, in this post.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-22 07:35 am   Permalink

Back in the 70's (before the T-Rex), it was a truck stop that was renowned for it's pies. I could swear it was Polly's Pies - maybe not?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koolau
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-04 10:50 pm   Permalink

That restaurant near the dinosaurs in Cabazon is the Wheel Inn. They do have pie, but I'd rather go to Hadley's at the next exit and get a date shake. Kind of odd - gritty and creamy at the same time - but good.

View Profile of Koolau Send a personal message to Koolau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-10 3:51 pm   Permalink

A, yes.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-10 4:01 pm   Permalink

Wheel Inn at Cabazon closed

ABC News: Wheel Inn

Dinosaurs to go? Maybe someone on way to Mod Palm Springs this weekend can check it out.

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation