FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts New Maori Mug For Tiki Oasis 10! pg6
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
New Maori Mug For Tiki Oasis 10! pg6
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 02:53 am   Permalink

WhoaaAAAaaaaAAA!!! Nice Notch!

That Ku-Bar is NOT Fubar.

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 10:53 am   Permalink

Top first class work.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-03 12:33 pm   Permalink

Schweeeeet!

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 3:54 pm   Permalink

TOP-NOTCH!

BigToe sez "Aloha Gecko!"

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 4:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-02 17:38, NOTCH wrote:
100 limited Ku-Bar Mugs that will be available at Tiki Oasis this year
and Here it is The Ku-Bar Mug!!!

Well,Me and fellow TCer MaiTai were chillin one night at FI talking about the Ku-bar Sculpt
And he Said It would be krazy Cool If we can get the Ku-Bar Mug to smoke out of the Eyes using dry Ice !!
I said, What a Great Idea!!! I'm glad I thought of that!!
Well, This is one of the most difficult Mugs for me to make because of the hollow chamber thats needed for dry ice, But it had to have it smoke out of its Eye's, there's no other Way!!
Thanks MaiTai!!!

The mug looks awesome, Notch!!! Can't wait to see it up close and personal, especially with the dry ice smoke pourin' out of the eyes!

Quote:

On 2009-06-02 17:38, NOTCH wrote:
Well, This is one of the most difficult Mugs for me to make because of the hollow chamber thats needed for dry ice

Yeah, he's not joking. My suggestion kind of opened a whole can of worms! You can't just make one single mold that forms the outside, plus an additional inside with the hollow chamber for the dry ice, all at once. And if you did, it would be virtually impossible to remove the freshly poured ceramic greenware from that mold without destroying it! Notch had to get creative, but that's kind of his middle name anyways. But now he's like the Leonardo da Vinci of mold making!

This has to be my all-time favorite new mug design in the last few years, if of all time! Maybe it means so much to me because I've helped lug the real KuBar all over the frikkin' place! Make sure to put one or two aside for me, my brotha!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 5:37 pm   Permalink

You got a mini trailer to haul that bad boy down to Oasis?

Congrats on the new mug Notcho!!

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
minitor
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-03 10:02 pm   Permalink

Fantastic mug!!! Every time I think, "no I can't afford TO this year", I see something else that tells me I really should go...this mug says I MUST go!

View Profile of minitor Send a personal message to minitor  Email minitor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 10:32 pm   Permalink

Hell YEAH NOTCH!! There couldn't have been a more perfect subject matter for your next home run!

I can't wait to take a look at him at Oasis. BRAVO!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 11:19 pm   Permalink

Notch- The mug looks great! Hopefully, I will be able to get one at Tiki Oasis. It was nice meeting you at Frankie's!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Kupcake 2009-06-14 10:32 ]

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hilander
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-05 09:27 am   Permalink

Fantastic mug!

I'd love to get one.

If we can't make it to Tiki Oasis, will it be available through the marketplace
http://tikioasis.com/marketplace/ ?

View Profile of Hilander Send a personal message to Hilander      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-05 09:37 am   Permalink

I like it.. makes so much sense.. awesomely executed,Honey I shrunk the ku bar.. big ups...kirby

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-05 11:52 am   Permalink

Looks good Notch!

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iniquitiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-05 1:58 pm   Permalink

Great workt, NOTCH!

I can't wait to drink copious intoxicants out of Ku-Bar!

View Profile of Iniquitiki Send a personal message to Iniquitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-05 3:56 pm   Permalink

GREAT JOB NOTCH! it's really was obvious glad ya finally made it! I'm picking one up for sure

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-05 4:21 pm   Permalink

Thanks Everyone for taking a liking to the new Ku-Bar Mug
Cant wait to start Production on this Bad Beast and to Show the mug to all of my fellow TCers
out there.
Heres another angle of the mug
Cheers! Notch

[ This Message was edited by: NOTCH 2009-06-05 16:22 ]

View Profile of NOTCH Send a personal message to NOTCH  Email NOTCH     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation