FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Fender Guitar carve - finished 10-24-10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Fender Guitar carve - finished 10-24-10
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-21 09:56 am   Permalink

Nice job on the sign Mooney...I wouldn't expect you to get "toasted" or
"fried" for that. Very tastefully done.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-21 10:12 am   Permalink

Very nice!! What wood did you use?

SURF THIS WEEKEND!!! You may be getting a call Saturday am.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-21 10:13 am   Permalink

Nice! Really sweet carve. You should bore us with at least a few of the progress pic's. Like the bone boarder and the back ground stain really brings out the tiki and lettering.

Facebook

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-21 1:17 pm   Permalink

no doubt that is the coolest guitar ever! what kind of colors and finish are you gonna use?

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-24 10:48 am   Permalink

Aloha to all!!!
Thanks conga for the comp much appreciated!
Aloha,Glad U got some surf next time stay the next day it was Chest high and peelin lefts and rights and just me and one other guy gettin those glassy waves for 2hrs (Secret spot)so come on up next time and I'll share the spot with a friend
Tikilizard,thanks and I'll post some more pics
Kingstiedye,How you been my friend?Hopefully good,I'll be back at the guitar next week.I have to finish a small mask and a custom tiki for a client and possibly 2 more as well, and then I will be finishing the Fender and another Fender in the works for another friend. I wonder when I will be able to work on my own projects?ha ha It's all good fun either waytake care my friend and mahalo for the nice words.
Here are some pics of a mask with my surf spin on it.

Ok Surf Break from carving!OuterBanks Left on my 8'6" Ricky Carroll Quad.

Ok back to carving.surf sceen on headress.

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-24 11:43 am   Permalink

Nice design. That headress looks tricky...

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-24 5:48 pm   Permalink

Mahalo TheBigT for the kind words, and your right the headress has a bit of challenge in it.Looks relativly easy just drawin it,but I have had to nagotiate all over the place to make it work.I'll have pics on wed or thursday of that.I'm about 3days behind the current progress,but I'll show you the next newist pics now.
workin on the face and headress coming on wednesday.

front shot.

I will let ya in on the suprises in this carving as I get closer to the end of this carve,and I hope you will like them.

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-24 5:55 pm   Permalink

Cool looking tiki Mooney, and that is an Awesome log, Short but BIG. Lookin' forward to your visit this week.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-25 10:51 am   Permalink

Beautiful work Mooney, carving on that wood and carving on that wave!

Love the new mask, some great curves going on!

Hope you scored from Bill, I saw some incredible pics of the surf.

I got me some salty out in California after Oasis, and brought home a new fish to try out on the lake.

Still waiting on surf season here though.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-25 8:37 pm   Permalink

This last one turning good! I like so much its proportion.

J.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-26 07:15 am   Permalink

Aloha to all!
Benzart,Mahalo , Your right the coconut is a bit stout, but I'm havin fun workin it with the chisels and sweatin my rear off as well. see you soon.
Lake How have you been your crankin out some really nice stuff and how was oasis? Well hopefully I can make the curver in the mask all work and flow I guess we will see, and yes I scored 3 fun surf sessions in 2 days out of trop storm Bill and we should B gettin wave this week and weekend.
Laojia,Thanks for the nice words much appreciated.
I have a few new pics from more work on the Mask. I know it doesn't look like a mask yet and thats because I like to keep the log whole while I'm carvin because sometimes I've cracked em while carvin , but the back will B cut off soon.
1st shot is of the start of the rough carve on the wave and palm trees.

progress shot of the wave and the trees

more depth will go into the headress just workin it down right now.

front view of the whole mask.A little crazy lookin but it will really clean up when I put color to it.

Mahalo to all for stoppin by,Aloha, Mooney

MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-26 10:11 am   Permalink

Aloha to all!!!
Meant to post a while back but just found the pics.forgive me but all I have today are some progress shots of our 4'x7' Bar top Island in our kitchen complete with Bamboo wrap around the Cabinets.I will dig up the rest of the pics,but the top took me 3weeks to wood burn.
right side of bar top

over view of a bit over half of top.It's really tuff to get the whole bar top in a pic.

left side of top and you can barely see the drawing of th wave on the backround

laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-26 10:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

front view of the whole mask.A little crazy lookin but it will really clean up when I put color to it.

"A little crazy lookin"!!?? Rather a awesome totaly crazy lookin!!!! Too strong mooney!

J.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-26 12:30 pm   Permalink

You are way too talented! More surf on the way - looks like a repeat of last weekend. Can't make it Friday but maybe Saturday morning?

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-26 6:52 pm   Permalink

Jimmy, that mask is really too good. did you Really do that? Incredible piece with its deep bold details. Beautiful!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation