FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Fender Guitar carve - finished 10-24-10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Fender Guitar carve - finished 10-24-10
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-08 9:37 pm   Permalink

Hell ya! Looking great! the head is coming alive. Your flat 2d image carvings
are amazing.

I also like the surf shot clean good size and warm water i imagine.
About 56 deg around here that's hot for me.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-09 09:25 am   Permalink

Wow, from nice sketch to awesome carve. Great work. Love your bar top. Great drawing skills you have.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-09 09:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

I missed this. Wow, incredible.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 09:14 am   Permalink

Aloha to all!!! It's been a bit busy around here with the honey do list,Surfin,workin,Surfin and dodgin rain every day, but I have been lucky to get a few days of carvin in (Slow as I am at carvin "probably the SLOWEST carver in the world"that would Be me)I'm amazed at how you Aweasome Carvers out there in Tiki Central Land are and as Fast at carving you all are!!!Thanks for lettin me hang out here with you all!
Laojia, Mahalo for the nice words, I know the Surf scene is a bit crazy and it's drivin me crazy(in a Good way)because it's demanding of me to get the depth of it the way I think it should look!
Seeks,Thanks my friend,Hope your gettin some Surf!!It's bee fun all week here(todaychest high and glass Except I'm at work today)
TheBigT, Thank you for the kind words my friend.Just havin some Fun with these last carves and not pressed for time (oh and I'm Amazingly SLOW at carvin)Have some fun and slay some wood!!!
Aloha Station, Hey Tom Mahalo for the drive by and oh to kind words.this weekend Surf 3-4ft!Surfed over a 5ft SHARK yesterday pretty Cool to watch him swim!!!
Benzart,Mahalo my friend and thanks for the time and insight!!!! Those Tusks R Bitchin!!! You never cease to amaze me with what you come up with next!!!
Well here's the up date on the Mask!Been workin it deeper and deeper to get it where I want it and that it looks closer to real lookin and I'm almost there!! Hope ya like!!!
This Tiki is a Surfin tiki and he love to Surf and thinks about it all the time(It's sort of in his Head"Headress")

Side shot gettin more depth!

I was trying to get the whole Mouth to look like a Big spitting Barreling Wave!!!

Well I hope ya like em have a Great weekend to all,Aloha your friend, Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 10:02 am   Permalink

Super styling, Mooney!

We're traveling the same wave, my friend... check out my thread!

I just finished a surf inspired tiki this morning!

Love this guy you've got going, and jealous of all the choice palm you get down there!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 12:47 pm   Permalink

WOW excellent stuff my friend. The "wavy" mouth looks perfect.

Mahalo,

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 12:49 pm   Permalink

The mouth looks just like a wave....Sweeeeeet!

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 1:55 pm   Permalink

Lake glad you like it I'm always inspired with the surf influence ever since I started carving , I started him about 3weeks ago and carved the mouth a few weeks ago to look like a wave! as I stated I'm a little slow at carving, glad you liked it!
benella,Mahalo for the nic words,nice carve you gt started over there keep it up!
Tikilizard,Thanks for the comp my friend! Was hopin it looked like a wave!

This pic is of me just startin the detail on the waves and trees and holdin the log with my fred flintstone feet!ha ha take care all, Aloha, Mooney

[ This Message was edited by: MooneyTiki 2009-09-12 04:17 ]

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nomolos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 7:55 pm   Permalink

I love the palm trees on the forehead

View Profile of nomolos Send a personal message to nomolos      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-14 09:56 am   Permalink

Aloha to all!!1
nomolos, thanks for the nice words.

I got the finished shots of our kitchen bar and top.3weeks to wood burn it and 7 coats of clear. Mahalo for lookin,Aloha, Mooney

1st shot of entire bar. the top is 4ft by 7ft long.

this shot is starting on the right of bar top. palm trees,the edge of the wave and an Island in the backround.

next shot right middle,more of the wave and backround with palm trees.

this shot is the middle of the bar,with the trees,wave breaking and backround.

left side of bar top.

and finally the overview of the bar top.(hard to see that's why I broke it up with previous shots.

I hope ya liked it.We have already had a couple parties on it!Aloha to all and Mahalo for stoppin by, Mooney

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-14 7:36 pm   Permalink

No, I Hate it, Wasn't invited to the parties.
Just kidding, Love that Bar/Island Haven't seen that yet, Nice job. And the Surfer tiki looks Excellent too.
C'mon Over!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-14 8:46 pm   Permalink

The surf head is outstanding! Love your flow! The wave mouth and beach hair crazy
cool mix my friend.

Wow your flat 2-d work takes my breath away. That table is to die for!

Been a killer summer surf time. Must have lost 15lbs thus far. Winter it all comes back.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-14 8:58 pm   Permalink

Love the way the trunks on those plams came out. Great work!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-16 10:36 am   Permalink

Aloha to all!
Benzart,well have you and sherry over for the November Luau at our little beach shack! Thanks for the kind words on my hack of a carv, just tryin to make something fun for the house.
Seeks-Mahalo seeks and glad you've got some surf! You don't have to die for a table just come on down to the warm water here and we'll go get a surf!I've got a few boards!!
leleliz- Mahalo for the very nice words. I'm just tryin to have some fun and make a few things for the house,Thanks for stoppin in.
To all that did a drive by Mahalo for lookin and hope all is well in you neck of the woods where ever it may be!!!

Well I fainlly cut the back off last night and I carved through the headress and under the nose area!I still have to hollow it all out some more Hopefully this weekend!
1st shot front you can see through the headress and what I'm gonna do is put a RED led behind that area to make it look like a sunset and the eyes will be opened as well as the Nose nostrils with the Red light. The Tounge will be opened a little and a BLUE Led light placed in that area to give it a Blue Wave tone.I hope I can make it work out.It should be Fun tryin!Anyhow front shot

side shot

other side of tiki

closeup of left side beach scene you can see the open space inside the wave.

Have a great weekend, Aloha, Mooney

[ This Message was edited by: MooneyTiki 2009-09-16 12:07 ]

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-16 10:39 am   Permalink

Man, another awesome carve. I love the smooth flow on this design. Your palm trees are killer, the depth that you get. Awesome!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation