FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Mishima's, Gardena, CA (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Mishima's, Gardena, CA (restaurant)
kiara
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-09 11:31 am   Permalink

I'm going to have to do a lot of digging, but I have an old design book that credits Saul Bass as the creator of this Tiki. I've seen this guy in a few places, not just Mishimas. Dug Miller and I bought two masks from Mashimas years ago at a random flea market. I ended up with the wood one that hung inside and Dug got the reflective parking lot sign. They're both THE logo Tiki masks. Unfort I traded mine for something worth the trade years ago but Dug still has his. I'll post the pics when I eventually find them.

View Profile of kiara Send a personal message to kiara      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2012-07-09 11:45 am   Permalink

Yes please.

Yikes! That A-Frame looks a little scary.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-09 2:56 pm   Permalink

Kiara,

I also am looking forward to seeing your photos.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kiara
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-10 11:52 am   Permalink

I've been looking since yesterday, but finally found the Mishima's parking sign. It's taken at an angle showing how it reflects light. This is the back of Dug's front door. You should see the rest of his house.

View Profile of kiara Send a personal message to kiara      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kiara
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-10 12:04 pm   Permalink

This is getting off of the subject, but here's another photo of Dug's. Just to the right of the previous photo.

Karbora
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-11 11:53 am   Permalink

I just saw this post. Here are some pictures of the other Mishimas tiki mask carving. This is the wood one that hung inside the Restaurant. A few years back this was part of a trade that Kiara and I made as he mentioned in a previous post. It is in the original condition. I had it displayed for many years in my tiki lounge (The Nauga Hydaway) but have recently shifted a few things around..as we all do..and it is not currently in situ. Also have the paper menu that has definately seen better days.

View Profile of Karbora Send a personal message to Karbora      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-27 6:14 pm   Permalink

I recently acquired one of the Mishima's menus that Tiki Kate had posted.

The drinks on the back.

The before diner standards.

Tropicals.

I like these Oriental ones, including the Saketini and Sakehattan

After diner and beer.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-28 3:46 pm   Permalink

Very nice DC, love the drink descriptions, especially the Fog Cutter!

View Profile of A Frame Send a personal message to A Frame      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation